Chapter 24

A week later.... (January 8)

I felt horrible. Mom was getting weaker everyday, she is coughing every now and then. I called Dr. Harris behind her back and told him about the situation, he said he'll book an appointment for her. The reason I did this behind her back is because she won't agree to go to any clinic, claiming that she is perfectly fine. Well, she's not. I couldn't stop worrying about her. That was a part of my problems. There's still one person that was making me feel like shit.

Harry.

I somehow gave up on him. I did. He's not coming back. I don't even know what I did to make him leave! I thought we were okay. Well, right now is everything but okay. He still hasn't picked up the damn phone, or texted or anything. I told Mia about it 3 days ago, and she kept on reassuring me that he'll come back. But I gave up. That's when I realized that sitting around all day trying to figure out why he left isn't going to help. I grabbed my coat and stormed off to his house.

Once I reached there, I knew it was locked and nobody's gonna open it for me. I reached for my hair and took a bobby pin, I tried opening the lock with it, fiddling it with all directions, hoping it would work. Every few seconds I would look behind me to see if anyone's watching. Finally, I heard a click sound, that meant it actually worked. I opened the door and swiftly went in, immediately scrunching my nose in disgust of the place. Everything was dusty and dirty. I remembered the last time I saw this place, it was New Year's Eve, just about a week ago. It actually looks even more horrible in the daylight. I teased him for not cleaning the place up. It was quite obvious that he didn't give a damn about this house, I was starting to wonder if he ever even slept in it. It's really disgusting and definitely not suitable for someone to sleep in it. I carried on walking further into the corridor, then turned right. I was in the kitchen. The stove was not touched at all, I don't know if he ever used it. Damn, this is REALLY weird. The more I look, the more anxious I get. I sprinted upstairs to see his bedroom, I saw a closed door and assumed it would be his bedroom, I tried opening it but it was locked. I was taken back first, why would he lock his room? What's in there?

I decided against using the bobby pin again. I was intruding his privacy, and I was taking this a bit too far. I figured curiosity is a bitch, and I can blame it on curiosity. I put the bobby pin in the lock, and did the same process I did with the front door. I broke a very small part of my nail during the process but I was too anxious to care. Finally, the familiar lock sound was heard. The door is unlocked now. I debated myself on whether should I go in or not. I definitely crossed the line, I'm not supposed to even be here, but I want answers. I want to know where he went, and why. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

I saw nothing but darkness, the room was almost pitch black except from the light coming from the door way, where I was standing. Where the hell is his window? I searched for the light switch near the door way, once I found it I flicked it on. To my surprise, the light is actually working. Once the light was on I had no problem finding the window across the room, which was blocked by a huge carton. That explains why there was no light at all. I saw a king sized bed in the corner, the sheets were ruffled. He did sleep on his bed. I saw the closet across the room and opened it, revealing Harry's clothes, and his scent, too. So he did not move out? I feel like my brain is gonna explode. How is this even possible? No one can live in this house at all. It's so sickening, and creepy. I turned my head and saw an outline of an oval mirror, above the dressing, but there was no mirror. I stepped on the carpet underneath it and felt something crack under my boots. I reached down to take a closer look to see what the hell did I just step on. It looked like.. glass? I tried picking it up, the sharp end immediately cutting the edge of my fingertip, some blood pouring out. I winced as I muttered, "Fuck!"

I pressed on it, ignoring the pain, until it stopped bleeding. I looked at the carpet again, the more I stare, the more shiny little pieces appear. "That must be the mirror," I whispered to myself. Did he break it? I stood up again, and kept on looking at his room. Maybe it his room. Looking at it now, I don't think it's been inhabited except for once or twice. I could see the ruffled sheets on his bed, indicating that he did sleep here, but at the same time the house was not taken care of at all. I don't know what to think anymore. I thought I knew Harry.