Chapter 30

"Stay here, and don't move. You hear me?" Harry said. I nodded. "I mean it, Sarah. Stay here."

He suddenly rushed downstairs. What the hell is he doing?! "Harry!" I screamed. No response. The smoke was starting to reach upstairs too. Gradually, it was getting harder to breathe. Coughing, I tried coming closer to see where he went. No sign of him, and yet it was getting even harder to gasp for air. Within seconds, Harry reappeared with someone leaning on his shoulder. It must've been the guy that tried to warn him before the fire, I'm assuming. He guided him to my bedroom, and held my hand to follow him. The smoke started approaching my room. Harry let go of the person he was supporting earlier.

Harry held me closer. "Hold tight," He demanded. I clinged into his neck tightly, not knowing exactly what his next move was. He opened the window and jumped without hesitation. I let out a squeal as I held tighter. However,  his landing was swift. "Come on, Louis!" He called. 'Louis' soon mirrored his actions, and jumped from my window, too. Soon, the three of us were outside, and I started panting quietly, just to get some air in my lungs. I looked at my bedroom and all too soon, it was glowing too. The dark smoke was coming from every open window in the house. I was too bewildered to do any action. I stared at the fuming house in disbelief, is this really happening right now?

The neighbors were starting to gather up, and I heard people shouting to call the ambulance. Harry and Louis seemed to be unharmed by the fire, although they both were literally in it. I was finally catching my breath, whereas their chests weren't even moving. I reminded myself of Harry's confession before I freaked out. He was a vampire, he wasn't supposed to breathe. Same goes to Louis, I suppose. "We have to go," Harry stated. I looked around, everyone seemed to be looking for me. I think they predicted I was in the house. The sirens could be heard, approaching the scene. "Sarah." I turned towards Harry. Guilt was written all over his face, and I knew the fire wasn't accidental. It's because someone knew he was here, or it was an attempt to kill me. Or more likely, somone tried to burn me. I shuddered at the thought of burning to death. I almost jumped when his cold hand touched mine. "Babe.." Harry spoke again, and seemed urgent to leave. Meanwhile, Louis was looking in all directions, probably to see if there was any harm near us.

"H-harry..." I whimpered. I felt the tears rolling down my cheek. He pulled me into a tight embrace, resting his chin on the top of my head. I hugged him tightly, and tried my best to muffle my sobs. I was really afraid, Of everything at the moment.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." He muttered lowly. I pulled away from his touch. I was still defenitely shaken up, considering that my house was still burning and the firemen were spraying the extinguisher from all the sides. People started getting closer and I could see Harry tensing. He didn't want to be seen. "Let's go." He effortlessly picked me up again and started moving as Louis followed silently. They both started running but I could feel Harry was slowing down a little for me, because Louis was a little ahead of us. Harry was turning around every now and then. I didn't even know where we were going and I decided not to ask. At least not now. However, he looked like he knew where to go. I squeezed my eyes shut, trapping my fearful tears, and buried my face in his shoulder, not wanting to believe what just happened.

In about a minute, we were in the middle of nowhere, at least to me. Harry put me down gently, and I could tell this place was secluded. I looked around, all I could see is trees everywhere. Everything was dimly lighted from the moonlight. I turned around, and I could see a big wooden house. Well, it's not exactly a house. It was more of a big cabin.

"I'll tell the lads you both are okay," Louis spoke. Harry nodded. "Harry, spend the night here, and we'll figure out what to do tomorrow. Don't go anywhere, lad." He then offered me a small nod as he left. Now it was just me and Harry.