Chapter 4

I opened the door carefully and saw 3 policemen standing at the door. Behind them were three police cars and a lot of cops. i started getting terrified. "C-can i help you?" I blurted. "We're interrogating. There's has been an incident involving this girl" He held a poster-like that had a picture of a familiar gir- wait a minute, that's CHLOE! My eyes widened as I glanced at the poster the policeman was holding. "Ah, so you know her?" one of them spoke. "Y-yes, she's my friend. What happened?" My anxiety and curiousity were getting the best of me. they exchanged glances. "She's been murdered." This hit me like a ton of bricks. What? How? When? Where? My brain was attacked with millions of questions. Although i have known her for a short time, she was really nice, and not the type to be involved in murder; victim. i was still at shock. i had no idea what to say or do. "Who's at the door, Sarah?" My mom called. i turned my face towards her, shock was still visible on my face. she made her way through the front door and saw the three men, still on the door. I left her with the policemen and went outside to take a better and closer inspection of what's going on. I saw Mia, along with two policemen, one of them had a slightly different uniform. Maybe a detective or something.

I made my way towards her, she was weeping like crazy as she was telling them what happened. "...and we went to the woods then- Sarah!!" She spotted me and i quickly gave her a hug. She sobbed on my shoulder and i rubbed her back soothingly. "I'm so sorry" I whispered. "What happened Mia?" I asked. Till now I have no idea what happened. She looked over at the officers and asked "Can I start from the beginning?" "You were already at the beginning" The policeman murmured as he flipped the notepad to a new page to record what Mia was about to say. I swear i felt like i'm in an action movie or something, because that's exactly how the setting would be. Cops everywhere, neighbors peeking curiously, night-time,  and all that.

"We were heading to the park, we had no idea that it was open to a big forest-"

"But there were signs all over the place that said caution, and warning near the forest. Didn't you see them, miss?" the detective interrupted.

"No, it was dark" She replied. "so, we kept on walking until it got darker and darker, and the trees were increasing as we went deeper. We were scared, and we were lost, we had no idea how to get out of there. Both of our phones had no service and low battery. We tried retracing our steps, but failed." She sniffed "Then, out of no where, we heard guys chuckling, we kept looking around to see from where the voices were coming from, but it was dark. We barely saw a thing. But I knew they were more than one. they surrounded us, I was crying and so was she. We begged them not to hurt us, the next thing I know, Chloe got the guts and punched one of them, and she grabbed my hand and we ran. We ran as fast as we could, we had no place in mind, we were just running. Then all of a sudden I was alone, I looked around to see where was Chloe, nothing. I kept calling her name. Then I heard her scream from distance a-and-" She chocked down at the last sentence. She started crying again. Oh my god. My eyes started watering as well. The detective nodded his head in couragement for her to continue. "Then I heard her scream, and I ran towards her voice, in hope to help her. A guy grabbed me and said 'you better get out of here or I'll kill you as well, I don't like killing two people in one day' Then he kept pushing me until I was in the park, where I started. But I was alone. My friend was inside, killed. There was nothing I could do except to call the cops. and you guys know the rest"

I'm not exaggerating, but when i heard this, my heart really hurted me, physically. What kind of moron will kill an innocent girl for no reason? and what the fuck did he mean by 'I don't like killing two people in one day' that meant that he had killed a lot before Chloe. This is.. I can't even describe the way I'm feeling right now. "how many were they?" The detective asked. "4 or 5 i think" Mia replied quietly. I looked around, searching for Chloe's corpse. I guess they took her away. Another cop came and reported to the detective "Everyone has been interrogated, sir. But there is still one person in this neighborhood we haven't asked yet. It's from this house" He pointed at Harry's house. "The neighbors said that the resident that lives there is called Harry Styles. But he doesn't seem to be in the house right now." ...