Chapter 35

After we walked away from the body, I was having my tantrum-- crying and cursing myself for killing someone. Harry was holding me, and I knew he's gone through this as well. This is too foreign for me.

"Harry I just killed someone!" I cried. Harry didn't reply, though. He held me and let me cry into his chest, carefully wiping the blood from my lips. Maybe there wasn't really anything to say, knowing that I have to be used to it. I'm going to do this forever, and the thought terrified me.

"Can't we drink from animals' blood or something?!" I exclaimed.

"It's not as satisfying. You will need more than one animal," Harry answered.

We were alone, surrounded by trees and snow. The winter sun was peaking slightly through the trees, but we were wearing a ring to protect us, even though it wasn't as bright and heated. He sat down on the ground, pulling me down with him. I sat down on his lap and placed my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. "First timer's guilt," He broke the silence.

I nodded.

We stayed quiet for a long while, my sobs turning into soft sniffles. I felt that Harry was giving me some time to get over it, I guess. "Why is my butt not freezing?" I asked while I was staring at the snow surrounding us.

Harry chuckled and I could feel the vibration from his chest. "Your butt will never freeze. Not anymore."

He stared at me and I pretended that I wasn't seeing him. He was still staring. I finally turned and said, "What?"

"That guy that I saw you with," He said, and I instantly remembered. Harry saw me with that guy, who I assume his name was Dylan, and he basically knocked him down with one blow. I remember how fastly this has sobered me up. I looked at Harry, waiting for him to continue. "Did you know him?" He asked.

"No."

"Did you kiss him?"

"No."

"Did you want to?"

"No. Why are you asking me all of those questions?"

"Because I didn't have time to ask before. We were caught up in all of this bullshit and I delayed asking you about it, but I didn't forget."

"Harry, you know that I love you, right?"

I was taken aback by his soft lips on mine. His lips were moving against mine, I kissed him back, wondering when was our last kiss. Our lips moved together in perfect sync. "You know... you're my favorite," He mumbled into the kiss.

"Am I, now?" I mumbled back.

He kissed even harder and hummed in response, then growled lowly, "And you're mine only." He kissed me harder, "Did I mention that you look hot with those red eyes?'' I slapped him playfully on his arm. "And those fangs. Damn, baby."

I didn't get the chance yet to see my appearance. I was still wearing the sweater from before, along with black leggings. I did notice how my skin got pale, and I have also felt my fangs. However, I didn't see my face yet. "Wait.." I pulled back from the kiss, "On a serious note, do I look bad?" I usually didn't pay extra attention to my appearance, but the fact that I am another form of a creature and still didn't view myself yet, I should be at least a little concerned.

"Did you just ask me if you look bad?" He raised an eyebrow. I felt my self-consciousness grow. "Baby, you look like an angel. A very beautiful one." I looked down smiling.

"I don't think you should be asking that. You look gorgeous no matter what."

"You kind of sound like my mother," I chuckled, feeling my chest ache at the mention of her.