Shadow in the Light

Copyright 2014. Please do not steal any of the ideas we are using in this book because we WILL hunt you down. Not kidding XD

Prologue

Luke's POV

The red and blue flashing lights pierced through the curtains as my lips trembled with fear.

Knock. Knock.

Eye twitching, I opened the door which revealed two policemen holding a yellow envelope.

"Are you Luke Sagtrep?" The overweight policeman asked.

"Y-yes. " I stuttered as my palms began to sweat. They started talking to me.

Once they finished telling me about a restraining order my ex-wife and daughter issued, I was handed the envelope. I was not to get near them or see them. I was not to call them or communicate with them. I was not to step on Lindsay's school grounds to see her.

I'm humiliated...

Closing the door behind me, I heard the police car's engine fade away.

*FLASHBACK*

"Stop Luke. Stop. Right now." Amy's voice calmed me for a few seconds before anger crept back up.

"Luke. Listen to me."Amy's hazel eyes stared back at me as she cupped my face with her delicate hands.

I yanked her hands off me as anger spurred inside of me, "No you listen to me you whore! You liar. You hate me, you don't love me." I spat.

"Dad! Don't you dare call my mom that!" Lindsay's voice spoke up.

"Shut the h*/l up. You're going to follow her same footsteps one day." I chuckled.

"Luke, I love you so much but I don't understand why you think of me that way." Amy cried as I pushed her forcefully.

"Dad! Stop!" Lindsay stood between her mother and I.

Why did they hide my alcohol? They know not to mess with it.

"Stop. You're hurting her, don't you see?" She sobbed.

Voices started cramming my thoughts.

Kill her.

Everyone.

The whole world.

Kill her.

I pushed Lindsay against the wall and started to suffocate her.

Kill her. Kill her. The voices whispered.

"LINDSAY!" Amy cried out as she tried to stop me.

I pushed her away as she fell on a glass table, making it shatter. Lindsay struggled and kept trying to free herself from my grasp.

"Police." Lindsay croaked.

Amy reached the phone and I let Lindsay go. She dropped to the floor and touched her neck, soothing it. I walked towards Amy, who was dialing 911.

"Mom!" Lindsay yelled as I threw a hit at Amy. Her nose started bleeding as she laid on the floor right next to the phone. I reached for it and smashed it against the concrete.

"Go to h*ll." Amy said with all the strength left inside of her.

I laughed, "Im already in h*ll. "