Chapter Six : Reunited

~ Eliza 

"Dad.." I mumbled snapping my fingers in front of his face, i furrowed my eyebrows when he started to mumbled things i couldn't hear. 

"Aren't you happy to see me? I tried so har-" I got cut off when a hand covered my mouth. Panic filled my body, elbowing who ever was behind me in the stomach their hand left and they doubled over in pain. I turned around to see a guy with tattoos, everywhere. 

I bet his nipples looked so weird. 

Shaking my head from the sudden thought, he looked up before looking at me then my dad, who still hasn't said anything. that made me frown honestly. Wouldn't he be happy to see me?

"Jaylen.. How about i just take Eliza inside. I'll bring her back in a second." the dude said before grabbing my arm and dragging me along with him. When we reached a kitchen he shut a door and made sure nobody was around before he let out a shaky breathe. 

"Who are you?" I asked, keeping a fair distance between us. He was cute, light skin, nose ring, big pink lips, and freckles oh! don't forget the tattoos.. An emotion i wasn't familiar with flashed through his eyes. I would say hurt but it had to be deeper then that. 

"Chris.." he trailed off, i stared at him and thought. Chris.. My high school lover? 

"You were my boyfriend in high school, Right?"  i asked, wasn't this who Michael was talking about? 

He looked confused, "How did you--" 

"Michael told me. I'm guessing he told you about my Anmeisa?" 

"Yeah." 

"oh." i mumbled.

this is awkward. No, This is way past awkward. 

"Why did you bring me in he-" I was caught off guard when he got closer to me. His hand cupped my cheek then he ran a finger on the side of my eye. He must've seen a bruise that never went away.

Doctors told me that when I was in Jesse in captivity, he must've burned me with something. I took their word. it wasn't like I remember if he did or not.

If anybody else was this close to me. (Except the twins) I would flinch or step back. I didn't like people close to me especially males because it triggers a memory of Jesse. But for some reason i felt calm and relaxed around Chris. 

I could feel his eyes lower down to lips, i stiffened a little. Why was he looking at me like that? He leaned in closer to my face, i could feel his breath on my face, it was like he wanted to kiss me. or he is... 

A door opening made Chris stand up straighter. He turned around when Jaylen and his twin came in, holding a boy. 

When my dad's twin seen me, he stopped. His facial expression was like Jaylen'- my dad's when he first saw me. 

"Eliza?" He said, i never seen a grown man about to cry and it was quiet odd honestly. 

I smiled faintly before moving from the kitchen counter top. He put the boy down who stood next to him looking at me caution ally. Aaron gave me a bear hug, nearly squeezing the life out of me. I frowned inside, my uncle was more escalated to see me than my own father... maybe he was just shocked..."Uncle Aaron, I'm guessing?" i said and his smile completely fell. 

"Eliza? i'm you dad." He said. I looked back at Chris who was looking around the room with his hands in his pockets and Jaylen was looking just as confused. 

I frowned, opening up my bag, i pulled out my folder i had the information in. Opening it up, i checked it over again. 

"No, this says that my father is Jaylen Williams. Your my uncle, Aaron." 

** 

One Hour Later 

I was waiting upstairs in a guest room while Chris helped my dad and uncle clean up downstairs. After i said what the information told me, Aaron stormed off and Chris suggested that we all talked after the little party. 

I was confused honestly, if Chris knew that i had anesima wouldn't he had told my family? So, they knew? 

When i pictured coming back 'home' i pictured people coming to hug me but all i got was confused faces. 

The door opened, and Chris appeared. This time, he had on a different t-shirt with the same jeans. "You can come downstairs now.." he mumbled, i stood up, following him downstairs. I heard people speaking-- whispering i mean, and when i came in they turned their attention onto me and stayed quiet. 

"Hi.." i muttered a little. 

Nobody answered me which i found pretty rude. 

"Eliza where have you been?" a women, i'll say she's my age asked, she had locks in her hair. 

I agaped my mouth a little. "In California?" I said. 

"Who are you?" i asked, "Wait, who are all of you?" I questioned. hurt flashed through many people eyes except one girl who was sitting next to Chris. 

"Your Best friend in high school, Charlie?" she said kinda hurt. 

I sighed, i need to clear this up before i confuse people. "I'm sorry, i don't know none of you.. I had anesmia for the last seven years-"  

~Chris

I guess it was dumb for this little meeting thing. I didn't know what to say to Aaron, he was confused, he was called being her uncle, when he's her dad, not biologically. It's just something odd to explain. 

Seeing her struggle with answers. I knew i should've called and told everybody when i found out. I knew for the last two months. 

Remember what Dr.David told me, i decided to speak up. "She was attacked by Jesse after he escaped jail, i'm not sure what he did but he put her into a coma seven years ago and when she woke up she had Anesima, Her therapist, told me she has associative and autobiographical memory disorder. So she doesn't remember anything." I said, my mom gasped a little and Aaron clenched his jaw. 

I know it hurts him that the same man that cause Eliza pain in her teenage years  and he couldn't save her and he does something to her again that infected her memories. yeah, i'm glad she doesn't remember the bad but what about the things that were good? 

Eliza stared at me with a questionable look on her face. "How did you know all that Chris?" she asked and now everybody was looking at me. 

I sighed, "I asked your therapist two months ago.. After what Michael told me i wanted to be sure because i didn't trust him."  

"You knew that she had anesima and didn't care to tell us! You knew where she was for two months while we were still hoping she was living?" Aaron spoke up staring at me. I could tell he was mad, i know it was wrong for me to keep the info to myself but what could've done? Had them fly out to California not knowing where she lived? 

"Michael knew about it first, he called me and told me-- i just asked the therapist to clarify thin-" 

"I don't care who knew about it first. I don't like that nigga. You could've told me she had anesmia so i knew she forgot who i was." And with that Aaron stormed out. 

 I looked back to Eliza and she looked really uncomfortable and confused. 

I should've knew trying this wouldn't work. 

___

Blah. i just wanted to update this as well. 

vote and COMMENT. 

-Kennedy