Chapter Two : Old Friend

~ Eliza 

"Happy Birthday Ms.Eli!" Payton and Levi said holding up an overly-sparkled card. I smiled before giving them a hug. "Thank you." I said kneeling down in front of the twins. After waking up those years back, i went to college and got an degree in nursing-- well I'm an pediatrician and sometimes i help with delivering babies. I liked working with kids, it's an nice job. 

Payton and Levi are cancer patients; sadly. It's funny how i met these girls. It was my first day on the job and i went into the wrong room when i saw an mother who was struggling to keep the girls quiet. Long story short - i somehow got them to go to sleep and they been attached me ever since. It still pains me to see them here with this type of deadly disease but overall they're beating it. They were diagnosed at 1 and a half and now they're almost five. 

"Eliza, We need you in 320D." Somebody said behind me. I stood up after telling the girls i'll see them later. I turned around to see Alana, One of the lead obstetrician's in the hospital. She's an middle aged Caucasian women she has an petite body,grey eyes and brunette hair. She was one of the nicest people who worked her; she's always happy and talking about her husband and two kids. I followed quietly behind her to one of the elevators. 

"What do i have to do?" I asked making sure i looked somewhat presentable, I had on some black scrub pants and a black and purple scrub top. 

"Delivering a baby boy. The mom is almost dilated 10 cementers." She said with a smile. I think this was an perfect job for her because she loves kids and helping others. It wasn't an long wait for the elevator to get to the Labor and Delivery floor. 

Walking into the room, where an women with blonde hair who was literally squeezing whom i'm guessing the baby father's hand. Quickly getting ready, i washed my hands, and prepared myself. 

I watched as Alana, looked over the machine before clapping. "Mama you ready?" she asked just as the women glared at her. 

I kept the tiny laugh i wanted to let out in. This was an serious matter i coached myself. "This is Eliza. She's gonna help." Alana said gesturing to me. The father looked up at me with an lost expression as if he seen a ghost. He looked somewhat familiar-- not like i knew him like i saw him on TV before. 

Twenty minutes later-- or twenty minutes filled with screams and deadly threats towards the baby father, a sweet baby cry filled the room. Cradling him in my arms as he cried his little heart out, i cleaned him up quickly and  letting the father cut the umbilical before handing him to the parents. 

"What are you two naming him?" I asked taking my gloves off. 

"King Cairo" 

--

"Your so adorable." I cooed at King, he just stared up at me while i fed him. I had to take him out of the room since the mom who i found out name was Chyna wanted rest. It's kinda funny that she kinda looks like a China doll. 

"Ahem." 

I looked up to see the baby father-- who name i never got. I didn't bother to ask because the way he was staring at me. "You want him?" I asked. He nodded no; letting me finish feeding him his bottle. 

"Eliza.. I just wanna say i'm sorry." He started. I looked up at him with an confused expression. Sorry for what? 

"Um. Do I know you?" I asked taking the bottle out of King's mouth and placing him over my shoulder burping him. 

"Eliza its me Michael. We went to high school together. I'm- I was Chris's Best friend." He said. 

Michael. Don't ring a bell.