Chapter Five : Dad?

~ Two Days Later 

Some reason this felt kinda cliche for me. 

Don't ask why, because i don't know the answer. 

I hope i remember one day. Sooner the better. 

You know how long it took or how much begging it took to be able to leave work for a month? The tears Payton shed because i was leaving her. The little girl don't even cry if her parents leave. Sadly, Levi is still in a coma. But i know she'll be alright. She's a fighter. She's been one since day one. 

"Flight 753 VA" 

Standing up, i grabbed my luggage and walked to the exit. "Have a nice flight!" A women stated as i gave her my ticket. I smile before walking through doors that led into the plane. I found me a nice seat-- a window seat to be specific. I was kinda nervous about this since i have no memory of being on a plane so i was classified as a newbie. 

It wasn't many people on the plane which i was happy about, wasn't that annoying little boy behind me who'll kick my chair constantly. "Please sit down and fascist seat belts, the plane will take off in two minutes."  

I saw a few people with business attire on, when i got that cliche feeling again. Brushing it off, i stared at the same people. Who works on the weekend? Or wears suits? 

"We should arrive in Richmond, VA at 3:30pm." 

The plane ride was overall 6 hours long. It's 9 something in the morning now. I'm to lazy to actually see what minute the time was on. When i felt the plane lift off, I laid my head on my pillow and dozed off.

"Eliza, If i didn't love you so much i would've killed your ass a long time ago since you wanna be so damn stubborn with the money." he stated shaking his head to side to side. I could barely see him, it was all a big blur. Due to the fact, he beated me to a literal pulp, my eyes were nearly shut, and whatever drug he injected into my body made me felt the pain more. 

"Just because i'm letting you go, doesn't mean you won't see me again. Let me rephrase that sweat heart, You will see me, you might not know me because well, you just won't remember anything.

And with that, i was thrown out of the truck. i hit the pavement hard, all i could do was groan and silent tears strained down my face. "Oh my goodness! Somebody call for help!" a faint voice said. seconds later i was lifted and that's when i entered pure blankness of my eyelids. 

I jotted up to what felt like shorter than six hours,  knitting my eyebrows together, i let out a tiny yawn and lifted my hand off the edge of the seat i was leaning on. Making sure i had no trace of slob anywhere. My heart was beating rapidly fast against my chest. It's like whatever the dream was i felt all the abnormal pains. 

"Miss? We landed." a voice said. I looked up to see most passengers leaving, with their suitcase. 

I nodded before standing up and stretched. That plane ride was really short. I must've been sleep for a minute then had that odd dream. It wasn't long until i was in the airport trying to find  my way out. I had no idea how to get a cab. 

I waited at least thirty five minutes for the cab i gotten one of the airport assistant thingy people to call for one for me. 

Sighing, i walked towards the cab with suitcase in tow. When i got the cab the driver popped the trunk for me which i took time to swing the luggage inside then slammed it close. 

I'm so impatient. 

Sometimes  because i waited seven years to get some type of answers. 

My fault since i didn't ask. 

"Where to beautiful?" the hairy, scary, driver asked me licking his lips. I cringed which was way visible because he frowned and stopped. Thank you..

"Um, 30234 Saki Street." i answered carefully looking at the paper which had my fathers name,birth date, and address along with a picture. I'm happy it won't be hard to find him since he has a tattoo on his neck and his twin brother doesn't. I definitely don't want to mix them up because that'll be weird right? 

"Oh, your going to Tappahannock." He muttered before pulling off the curb and making his way into traffic. I spoke a quiet 'yeah'. i didn't even know the city. Well, i didn't know how to pronounce it actually. 

__ 

"Thanks for the ride." I muttered after paying the dude. He nodded then pulled off. I stood infront of a two story house, with my suit case. it was alot of cars around and i could hear music blasting, mainly from the backyard. There were balloons at the entrance of the backyard as well. 

I'm guessing there's a party going on. Biting my lip, i looked at my phone and noticed it was almost  thirty minutes after five. My phone turns off since i haven't touched it in a minute and i could see my reflection. I had on some cheap sunglasses and my hair is black with brown specks and it's flat ironed. 

it wasn't a long/ far away distance from where i was standing to now where im now standing at the front of the gate that was open. Sitting my suitcase next to the fence inside the backyard i looked around as people conversated and laughed. Kids were running around playing. One little girl reminded me of Payton. Which reminds me i need to call Levi to make sure she's good. 

As i walked further into the backyard people started whispering and everything. I looked around then down at my paper and around again to see if i could find 'Jaylen' or 'dad'. 

"Jaylen who is that girl?" somebody whispered. I looked up to see a women talking to a man who name was Jaylen. I smiled to myself. When he turned around to look at me i noticed the tattoo. 

"Bingo." i whispered to myself. 'Dad' walked over to me, excusing himself from a group of people, the women, a light skin boy with freckles, a girl next to the dude, a little boy, and who I'm guessing is my uncle, Aaron. 

"Hi?" He questioned. 

"Wassup?" I stated. i couldn't help but smile. 

"Who are you?" he asked. I knitted my eyebrows together before pulling my glasses off my face. 

"It's me, dad!" i swear that three letter word felt odd, but oh well. 

his face paled, as if he seen a ghost. "Eliza?"

~ Chris 

"How do you and your mom know these people?" Kae questioned. 

Sadly i couldn't get her to leave. She wanted to tag along for some reason. "It's a friend of my from high school family. But she disappeared seven years ago." i muttered. I wasn't going to say the girl was my girlfriend and i had some sort of thought or hallucination while i was in the rehab facility that i thought i saw her. I knew i did but who's going to believe me? 

I saw Jaylen, Eliza Uncle, or biological father, walk off to some random women who was wandering the yard. i watched carefully as they spoke and she took off her glasses. 

"Shit." I muttered under my breath. My heart rate increased in speed. 

Eliza. 

She's here. 

In Virginia. 

________________ 

Vote and COMMENT. 

- Kennedy