Chapter 17

A/N: ----- = pause in flashback

~Ashton's POV~

"Let's start from the beginning..." Luke suggested.

"Okay so it all started when Skylar came up to me during passing period to go to lunch." I started.

*FLASHBACK*

I was making my way (downtown, walking fast, faces pass and I'm home bound... Kay sorry continue) down the hall when I hear someone scream my name.

"Ashton! I'm so glad I found you." A girl ran over and caught her breath.

"Um, who are you?" I asked awkwardly.

"Skylar, Skylar Pierce. I have to tell you something, it's about your um. Boyfriend." She trailed off.

"What? Wait, how do you know I have a-"

"Luke. Luke's your boyfriend right?" She cut me off.

"Uh- um, yeah. Now what about him?" I questioned her, worriedly.

"Don't worry he's fine. But I don't think you'll be after I tell you this..." She scratched the back of her neck.

"What is it?"

"The reason I know how you two are dating is because in my last class people were teasing Luke about him liking boys and one asked if he was dating you and he snapped." She stopped.

"Go on..." I said, curiously.

"He said that he wasn't gay and that he would never date... A fag like you. I'm sorry it's hard for me to say..." She shook her head in disbelief.

No. Luke would never say that. He would never, I know him.

"W-What? How could- no he couldn't have said that." I tried walking away from her lies. I don't need anyone getting in the way of this relationship.

"Ashton, I'm being serious. He went on about how you cut yourself for attention and how he thinks your so lame. Which I know any of that isn't true but I just needed to let you know. I don't want you getting hurt." She looked at me sincerely.

-----

"That little bitch!" Luke yelled clenching his fists. "Ashton you know I would nev-"

"I know, I know. I'm stupid to fall for that, Luke. Now let me go on." I gripped his hand and he relaxed a bit.

-----

"I-I don't know what to say." I stood still in the middle of the hall way, looking away. It's like my heart broke into pieces right then and there.

"Ashton I'm-"

"Give me t-time." I choked out and walked away.

I need to think about this. How could he. No, he couldn't have. I don't believe her. I can't believe her. I really shouldn't believe her. But there is a part of me that does. I mean I just met this Skylar chick, why do I believe her.

I walked down the hall with my head in my hands until I bumped into someone.

"Hey Ash, what's wrong?" I look up to see Calum on his way to lunch.

"Luke called me a fag and told everyone I cut." I walked off sadly without giving him input. As I turned the corner I saw him and he was clearly mad/disappointed.

-----

"Hold up, hold up... You actually believe her?!" Luke looked at Calum and I in disbelief.

"I just went by what Ashton said, I'm sorry!" Calum defended himself.

"As I was saying..."

-----