XVlll.

POV: Brittany Cartel

Date: December 21st, 2013

I was dancing around the house listening to Beyonce as I was cleaning. Jay was giving the kids a shower, my dad was at work, and I guess you guys can guess where Tati is. Obviously not here watching her kids. I have no problem watching Caleb and Aniya, but at least act like a mother. I didn't birth these children, you did. Your teenager rights are gone.

A heard someone banging the door loudly which almost scared the shit out of me. But knowing where I live, people around here knock like they're the damn police.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Tati, fool!"

I hurried and opened the door. "Where have you been?"

"Out." She replied, trying to get through the door.

"Uh uh. Did you forget that you have two kids? You can't be leaving and coming back when you want?"

"Is asking that much of you to watch them for me? Why you got a attitude?"

"You can't just leave your kids without letting them know! They are your kids, yours! Your teenage years are over! You need to watch them!"

Tati laughed. "Girl, calm down it's not that serious. Let me and Bambi inside."

I sighed. "Yo' nappy headed ass will never listen."

"Hey, Brittany!" Bambi yelled, hugging me tightly.

"Hi, Bambi," I muttered, rolling my eyes. "What are you and Tati doing?"

"Nothing, just about to go hang out with squad, you already know. You should come with!"

"Nah, you know that's not my type of crowd. Plus, I gotta watch the kids."

"Girl, they old enough to watch themselves!" She said, laughing.

"I don't think so, Bambi. Stay in school," I grinned, shoving her and Tati out the door. "Bring yo' ass back home in two hours!" I yelled at Tati.

I finished my cleaning then hopped inside the shower. It felt so good to be in here. It gives me time to think without being disrupted.

My phone suddenly rang while I was washing my hair. I sighed and grabbed it. It was a call from Chresanto.

"Hello?" I answered, turning the water off.

"Hey, I'm in Virginia right now. The GPS is telling me that I should be in DC in about thirty minutes. What's your address?"

Shit. I thought. "I'll text it to you."

"Alright, see you in a little."

I quickly rinsed my hair then ran into my room to get dressed. I lotioned up, threw on a bra and some panties, then a pair of ripped jeans and a purple sweater. It was simple, but cute as fuck on me. Call me conceited, I don't care. I just know that I'm pretty.

"Where you going?" Jay asked me, brushing Caleb's hair.

"Chresanto's almost here."

Jay smiled. "My nigga my nigga!"

"Jay!" I whined. "Please don't ruin this!"

"Ain't nobody ruining shit for you yo" ugly ass."

I flipped him the bird. "You play too much."

"You okay too little."

"Just don't make me look like a fool. I do like this boy."

"Girl bye, don't nobody want you."