XIV.

POV: Brittany Cartel 

Date: October 25, 2013

Weeks could past by so fast without me even knowing. Jacob and I have became closer and Chresanto and I have became closer. It was evident that both of them wanted to be on levels above just being friends. It didn't seem to bother them that they were still close friends, best friends at that. Choosing between either one was going to be the hardest decision of my life. I didn't want to string either one of them along with my mess. I'm not looking for something short term. I want a real deal a hundred percent given type relationship. I know that both could give me what I'm looking for... It just breaks my heart to choose between them. They're both perfect in my eyes. It sucks to have feelings for more than one person. 

"Ivory, can I ask you a question?" I asked, rolling myself into bed with her. 

"You just did, silly." She said, scooting over so I could have some room in her bed. "But what's up?" 

"If you were me, who would you pick, Chresanto or Jacob?" 

She shrugged. "I'm digging Chresanto a little bit more." 

"Really, why?"

"I feel like Jacob is a little bit to soft for you and Chresanto is like the bad boy type. You and him would make the perfect ideal couple."

"Maybe I need some softness."

"Trust me, you guys might look cute together but it wouldn't work out at all. I like Jacob and everything but if you guys were to get into a relationship I don't think it would work out."

I shrugged. "I never thought about it like that. I mean we get along majority of the time now and he treats me like I'm a queen." 

"So your saying Chresanto doesn't treat you like a queen?" 

"He does but Jacob in general is just sweeter than me. Plus, Chresanto's parents hate the shit out of me. We're not even suppose to be talking to each other but we make time to while we can."

"Girl, fuck his parents!" Ivory exclaimed. "The relationship is between you and Chresanto not Mr and Mrs August. Plus, they hate every girl he ever brings home. I've known Chresanto since high school. His parents are absolutely the worst when it comes to giving him so freedom. He literally had to beg them to not send him to Harvard and let him come here to FSU." 

"Damn, that sounds like a pain in the ass. I don't want him to disobey his family, though. Blood is thicker than water. They probably have a good reason for why they don't want him talking to me anyways." 

"They don't want him talking to you because you're not rich, Brittany. That is literally the only reason why they don't like his friends. Majority of the people on this campus aren't rich. This is a great, amazing school but if anybody here had the money that Chresanto has, they would've been somewhere at Yale, Harvard, or some other IV League school. It's so sad to say this but if you're not as rich or richer than them. Ten times out of them, they don't like you." 

I sat and thought about what Ivory had just told me about Chresanto's family. I don't think that if I was to get into a relationship with Chresanto that I could handle that kind of hate. "Wow, that's a lot that they have going on. How rich are they?" 

"They could buy every freshman and sophomore all of their textbooks for this year and still have money to spend. You'd be surprised at how much money they really have. Chresanto is probably set for life." 

"Well, that's good for him." I mumbled. 

"What, Chresanto didn't tell you about how rich he is?" 

"I mean, not really. I knew he was at least wealthy because he has the nicest car on campus and lives and the most beautiful condo on this side of town. I just didn't know he was rich. He rarely ever talks about his family." 

"I understand, if I was birthed from those things I would'nt want to talk about they either."

"Maybe I should try winning the lottery to make them like me." I said, laughing.

"They only way they'll like you is if all of their businesses and corporations went bankrupt."   

I nodded my head. "I understand. Thanks for your opinion, though, I really appreciate it." 

"Brittany, at the end of the day it's just my opinion. Go do whatever your heart desires, I promise I'll be there for you either way." 

I smiled. "I know you will, Ivory. I know you will." 

"Now get the fuck out of my bed so I can get some sleep before I have to go to work. I have to catch one of the few running buses while I can." 

"I can get Jacob to drop you off at work. He's taking me so you might as well tag along since we work at the same place." 

"It's fine. I don't want to intrude on you guys." 

"Please, you ain't intruding on shit. Come, I promise Jacob won't mind." 

"Alright, thanks, Brittany. You're a true nigga." 

I walked into the living room and sat on the other end of the couch that Jordan was sitting on. She was watching Pretty Little Liars and eating a basket full of grapes. 

"Hey, Brittany." She sang. 

"Hey, Jordan," I sang back. "I need some advice." 

"What's up?" she asked.

I grabbed a handle full of grapes and started plopping them into my mouth. "If you were me, would you pick Chresanto or Jacob?" 

"Jacob all the day. No offence to Chresanto?' 

"Why though?" 

"Because Jacob is the perfect dream guy. He truly cares about you, he's cute as fuck, and I've been team Jacob since day one, lol. Once again, no offence to Chresanto. Plus, Chresanto's parents are assholes, Chresanto is too much of a bad ass and you guys are exactly the same, cocky and light skinned. It's not going to work! Have you ever heard of opposites attract? That's you and Jacob! Not you and Chresanto!" 

"Okay, okay I get it Jordan! Do you think Jacob is a little to soft for me?"

"Not at all. Jacob isn't one of those guys who walk around acting like their tough and all of that. He's very lowkey but I can tell you one thing, when he needs to put the paws on someone he will."

I sighed. "This is so hard." 

"Why, you want to go out with one of them?" 

"No, but I don't want to drag both of them along when I can just choose the one I like the most. But I like both of them a lot."

"Don't take my opinion and choose who I would choose. Shit, I ain't shit. It's your choice at the end of the day. Do what your heart tells you to do." 

"I hope that works, Jordan. Thanks for the advice though."

"I appreciate it." 

"No problem, girly. Now shut up before I miss more of Pretty Little Liars." 

________________________________________________________________________

This book has like 2-3 chapters left btw...

#TeamBrisanto 

          OR 

#TeamBricob 

           ?

Comment below (: