III.

POV: Brittany Cartel

Date: August 29th, 2013

The bright yellow sun shinned thought the open window to the right of my bed. I opened my eyes and instantly I felt the hang over taking over my body. I placed a hand on my head and sat up in my bed - feeling a bit dizzy. I picked up my phone and read the time.

7:31 am. Shit.

I ran into the closer area and picked out my job uniform and ran into the bathroom. My head was killing me but I couldn't be late to work on my second day. My boss was a dick to me anyways.

I hurried and brushed my teeth, washed my face, and took a quick five minute shower. I didn't have a enough time to lotion up so I just applied some to my arms since I was wearing pants. I grabbed the deodorant and quickly swiped on two coats under each under arm. My hair looked a hot ass mess but I decided that I would just throw it into a ponytail and call it a day.

I quickly put on my Jordan's and was out the door within 20 minutes. I had to be at work at 8:30 and the buses always ride slow on the weekends. I ate a granola bar and drank a bottle of orange juice on the bus. I still had the munchies from drinking and smoking so much last night. It was pretty fun though. I just wished that I didn't have work today.

It was 8:27 when my bus stopped at the shopping center which held the Dicks that I worked at. I ran across the shopping center and jogged inside to the back so I can scan in. It was 8:35 when I opened the door to the back that's only for employees.

"Mr August I'm so sorry that I was late I woke up later than usual it's all my fault-"

"Girl, chill out. My dad isn't here. He had some business that he had to take care of. I'm in charge today." Chresanto said, swirling around in his dad's chair.

I held onto my chest, signed in and sat down across from Chresanto. I opened a bottle of water and popped two Advil pills into my mouth.

"Still got the hang over, huh?" He asked me, playing around on his phone.

"Yeah." I moaned out, letting my head fall to the desk. I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds before I stood up and left my bag in the back locker room. I fixed my name tag on my shirt and placed the light brown hat on my head that said 'Dicks'.

"Time to get to work." I spoke. Walking by Chresanto.

"You can stay in here and chill with me for a while. There's already five workers working at the cashier and a couple roaming around the store helping costumers."

"I'm not getting paid to sit down here and chit chat. I actually have to work."

"Whatever floats your boat. My dad isn't gonna be here all this week. It's not like I'm giving you the day off or anything. I was gonna make you start working around 9:30 anyways."

I slowly made my way over the the desk and sat back down. "Only because my head hurts."

"Poor girl can't even handle her liquor."

I squinted my face and stuck my middle finger at him. "Leave me alone."

"Your accent is so attractive, I love it." Chresanto told me, still looking down at his phone.

I blushed. "Thanks."

"Has anyone ever told you that?"

"Nah, everyone from where I come from speak the same. A few people down here told me they liked it though."

"It's really cute on you." Chresanto said, finally looking up at me.

"Thanks again." I said, chuckling.