VI.

POV: Chresanto August

Date: September 3rd, 2013

I walked through the opening doors to Dick's. My father was still out so I was left to make sure everything went as smooth as possible. Once the AC hit my damp skin I felt very blessed. I clutched onto the Chiptole bag in my hand and kept walking through the aisles looking for one person.

"Brittany!" I yelled from a far. She was helping out a elderly costumer in the back near the sports equipment. She looked around and waved to me.

"Hey," she said, jogging over towards me. "What's up?"

"I brought you some lunch." I said, holding up the Chipotle bag.

"You found a Chipotle around her?" She exclaimed.

"Not exactly. I found one about thirty minutes from here. I thought I'd take the trip down there since you told me how much you loved it back home."

"Oh my God, Chresanto you are truly the best!" She said, hugging me tight.

"You're welcome," I said, hugging her back. "What time is your break?"

"In about thirty minutes."

"Come in the back and chill with me."

She sighed then gave me a warming smile. She was so cute. "Chresanto, your dad didn't hire me sit around. I actually have to work."

"Didn't I tell you I was I charge this week? You have to do what I say."

"Whatever," She said, playfully rolling her eyes. "C'mon."

I opened the brown bag and pulled out the burrito bowl for her and the burrito for me. "I got you Guacamole on the side and tortilla bread."

"Thank you," She said. "I really appreciate it."

"It's no problem, trust me."

She grinned showing that one deep dimple in her cheek. "Have you ever had Chipotle before?"

I shook my head no. "Never tried it before. I heard about it but it never really interested me."

"Back home in D.C. This is practically all we eat. If your parents weren't cooking that night or if you were hungry you would go to Chipotle."

"How about McDonald's or Sonic?"

"McDonalds sometimes. The ones around where I live are really ghetto and ratchet so I'd rather not and there are no Sonic's."

"There aren't any Sonics?"

"I'm pretty sure there isn't one in DC."

I nodded my head and chew on the chunks of steak, tortilla bread, rice, sour cream, and corn. For my first time, it was pretty tasty. I wasn't really into Mexican food like that this glorified my taste buds.

"So what are you doing after work?" I asked her.

"I have my dance and music class about a hour after this," She replied, swallowing down a spoon full of food. "I'm so excited."

"You into music or somethin'?"

"Very. Dancing is my life."

"I got myself a little dance, huh?"

She grinned. "In the flesh, baby."

"What type of music do you dance to?"

"Mostly hip hop but sometimes a little Shakira comes out of me."

I laughed. "Oh, really? You gotta teach me how to move around sometime."

"I gotchu', Chresanto."

***

Damn.

The way her long wavy hair flows down her back,

The way her smile brighten ups my world,

When she playfully punches me in the arm,

When she gives me tight hugs,

When she speaks and her accent makes her different from everyone else.

Damn, she's perfect.

I didn't think that it was possible for me to actually like her. She was different and I like different but she just doesn't seem like the type that I would usually be attracted too but, in my eyes she's more perfect than any of the girls I've been with.

"Chresanto!" My mother yelled from the kitchen, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes, ma'am?" I asked, walking into the spacious, black and white kitchen.

My mother was sitting down sipping on a glass of red wine. The maid, Lucia, was slaving over a hot stove preparing a meal for my mother, father, and probably some of their rich, old and white friends. I know my parents are filthy rich but they should get up and actually do stuff around their house than just hire maids to do everything.

"Remember Caroline? Her daughter Maribeth just came home from New York this past weekend."

"That seems nice, mother." I said, really not paying attention.

"I know! Caroline and I thought it would be nice if you set you all up to go out on a nice date."

I groaned. "Ma, why do you always have to set me up with your friends? I don't like them or their daughters!"

"Chresanto, I didn't raise you talking like a hoodlum so stop talking like one! I'm doing you a favor, Maribeth had lots of things going for herself and that's someone I want you to be hanging around."

"I'm don't like filthy white people."

"You should he glad that you have parents who are filthy rich! We could practically buy you anything you want! And the wealth of one person doesn't mean they have a bad personality."

I sighed. "I'm not going."

"Yes you are and it's tomorrow so you better be here by six in the nicest tuxedo. If you need to buy one their is money in my bank account."

"Whatever, ma. I have to go, I have a test for tomorrow." I said, walking through the long hallway.

"Stop talking like you came off the streets!" I heard her yell.

I cranked up my car and started driving. This was one of the many reasons why I smoked weed because my parents are always trying to control my life and I hate it.