Thirty-six

I apply my diamond studded earrings and smooth my hardly worn dress out, the nerves get to me. What if I look so stupid out there? What if I don't look as good in this dress as I thought? What if I mess up? What if Ryder doesn't think I look pretty?

"Well, that dress doesn't look half as good on you as it would on me," my ugly cousin said when she walked in and saw me. I was getting sick of her acne filled face.

"Thanks. You look like a pig in that ugly eggplant dress," I say back to her and place a hand on my hip, my silver heels clicked on the floor when I turned to face her.

"Aspen! What a rude thing to say to Melanie," my aunt appeared and said, I rolled my eyes and curled the last piece of my hair.

I pull my hair to one side and place the white flower clip in it. Ryder gave me the hair piece last night when we talked on top of his roof.

"You look absolutely lovely," my mom said and pulled me into a hug. She looked absolutely beautiful.

"Thanks so do you. Are we ready to go," I ask her, it's almost time for it to start.

"Oh yes! Ladies! Time to head out there!" We all lined up and grabbed a groomsmen. We all held white roses in our hands.

"Nervous," A guy that looked my age asked.

"Yeah, that's my mom," I say softly as we linked arms.

"Dave's cousin, Crawford Collins." The couples in front of us started walking and soon it was our turn. I walked out into a beautiful pavilion with a lake behind it. For January, it was pretty hot outside. I looked from side to side to find Ryder, when I found him he looked stunned. He looks adorable.

Me and Crawford separated and I stood next to my moms best friend from collage. When my mom came out, everyone stood up. She looks stunning, her white dress had a diamond belt below her boobs, her brown hair was curled and in a low bun with pieces of diamonds in it, her makeup was natural and her diamond heels made her look even more stunning. Dave looked like he was about to cry.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here to witness and celebrate the joining of Dave and Mary in marriage. With love and commitment they've decided to spend the rest of their lives together," the preacher said and everyone say down.

"Do you, Dave, take her, Mary, to be your wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do you part," The preacher asks.

"I do," Dave said with tears in his eyes.

"Do you, Mary, take him, Dave, to be your wedded husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'till death do you part?"

"I do," My mom said with tears down her cheeks.

"You may now kiss the bride!" My mom and.... stepdad kiss and I want to gauge my eyes out. "Now you may exchange your vows."

"Low and behold, the day of our union has arrived. It is one thing to talk, and one thing to promise; It is one thing to imagine, and one thing to feel. It is one thing to experience, and one thing to savor. This day is one thing, the rest of our lives is another. Words can be beautiful, but it is actions that are meaningful. Memories can be relished, but new ones have to be made. The past is important, but it is to the future our lives lay. We speak volumes in all days but this beloved wedding day. Before us are those who know us well beyond our name. So it is with all meaning and sincerity; Before them, all I want and have to say, Is I will love you," Dave says and my mom is bawling. I really didn't think his vows were all that.