Twenty-four

ASPENS POV

I walk into detention the next morning, hand in hand with Ryder, everyone looks at us. "Look it's the same teacher. I heard he just had another kid with his wife and he's been up all night. We don't have to be here baby," Ryder whispers in my ear, I spot Carlos and Connor.

"But we have to and if I want to get into UCLA," I say and poke his chest softly, I look around the room to see a bunch of kids I don't know, all of them crowd around Carlos and I roll my eyes. So detention was taken over by freshmen and three seniors, one couple and the jealous boy. I walk over and take a seat, right next to Connor. "Hi," I greet him with my killer smile.

"Huh? Oh... Hi," Connor says and grabs his phone out of his pocket and begins texting someone. I assume Hailee, right when I think that she walks into the room and sits on the other side of the room from Connor, still arguing I guess.

"Connor, listen. I'm sorry for being harsh yesterday, it's just shocking to find out someone you broke up with over a year ago still loves you. We just weren't meant for each other, you abused me and I took it. All you wanted to do was party and have sex, I got bored of the same routine with us, every single date wasn't a date, it was a party. I wasn't ready to have sex and you couldn't take that. I'm sorry that I wasn't. Hell, I'm still not. But Hailee is trying as hard as she can to be your dream girl and you can't accept that. I don't know why, she's really pretty and funny. She's trying, you aren't. Nobody else at this school wants you because of how much of a dick you are. She's trying and trying and doesn't know what to do to please you. I was exactly like her a year ago, trying to save our relationship that was already in flames, you just threw too much gasoline in the fire at once and I broke up with you. You just can't except the fact that were really done and someone else other than you makes me happy, you don't make me happy anymore Connor. Ryder does. Go talk to Hailee, she deserves that. She's been hateful to me but I know what she's thinking; she's checking her phone every second, she's crying herself to sleep, she's listening to depressing music, and most of all, she's shutting everyone out. You don't deserve her, you don't deserve to be happy." Everyone in the room is looking at me again and I feel self conscious until Taylor pokes his collage head through the door and looks at me. He looks at he sleeping teacher and walks into the room. "Taylor!" I run up and hug him tightly, I haven't seen my best friend in three months, of course I have to hug him tightly. He picks he up and spins me around, I missed this bandana boy.

"Pumpkin," he yells and chuckles at his own nickname for me that he thinks is cleaver. Taylor got into Fresno Pacific University, I'm really proud of him actually, he never planned on going to collage. "I'm take you out of school."

"I can't just leave dude." I cross my arms over my chest and stick one leg out, I probably looked like a total bitch but whatever. I heard Hailee and Connor talking, I feel Ryder's glare go straight into my back, he's not the most supportive of me and Taylor's friendship but he can grow up.

"It actually is. I signed you out." I groan in frustration, knowing that Taylor would win this, I grab my purse and kiss Ryder goodbye. I feel horrible for leaving Ryder but I got signed out. I'll make it up to Ryder tonight, I'll get him Tiff's Treats and he'll be my baby boy again.

"What is it," I ask when we get into his car, he told me he was taking me to Olive Garden and breaking the news to me there but I'm not patient, at all. I ask the whole drive there until we get in and order our food.