Chapter two

After school aka hell, where I spent all day with delinquents in detention, I get to my locker and look at my face for a while until someone's arms wrap around my waist and soft lips touch my neck before saying, "I have football practice and I can't take you home, and Blair and Alison have plans for Track and left early, I'm so sorry babe."

Oh. Oh, was this his way of telling me I had to walk home in my uniform alone? Was him kissing my neck his way of apologizing? Whatever. I'm fine walking I just don't know how to get "home".

"It's fine, it's whatever. Go to practice, I'll get a ride from Ryder or," in mid sentence he glares at me with hate, I see it in his eyes through the mirror. I slam my locker shut and turn to face him before saying, "Listen Ryder is just a buddy and his friends are amazing and nice people. If you have a problem with them you can just go to practice."

He kisses me roughly and says, "Don't forget Tyler's party tonight, I'll pick you up at 8, wear something that shows off your curves." I roll my eyes and push him away from me before things get too intense, I nod and he walks off to go change for football practice.

"Aw that's so touching," a high-pitched sarcastic filled voice says from behind me. Hailee, "You know he's been hooking up with me right?"

I turn to face her fake Barbie face that I wanted to slam in the lockers all around us. She's the popular girl at school. I just smirk at her and grab my bag on the floor and turn to walk away but I bump into a hard chest. Ryder's.

"Is everything alright over here," he asks and nods towards Hailee across the hall.

"I was just leaving, get out of my way Ryder," I say and push him away but stop and look at him when I hear Hailee's heels clicking on the floor, getting closer with each click. He looks at me and makes eye contact, neither off us break our eyes away from each other's.

"Hey Ryder," she says and tries her best to look nice for him. He just nods in her direction but continues to keep eye contact with me the whole time.

"Um, am I missing something," Hailee asks desperate to get Ryder's attention.

"We're just detention buddies, and now y'all can talk so bye," I say and add a hand wave before walking down the hall and out the building. I have no idea how I'm gonna get home, I just start walking down the sidewalk on my phone the way Conner took me, I find Goggle maps and type my address into my device and get directions on how to get to my house. I check my email to find I have almost 30 questions on my blog, I answered about 12 before finally getting to my house. There was a note taped to the door.

Our dearest Apsen,

We have to work late tonight. There's money on the counter for pizza or takeout, whichever you'd like!

Love, mom and dad

I groan and grab the spare key under the welcome mat and run upstairs before changing into my large sweater that falls to my mid thigh with the number 39 on it. I grab my phone and start playing Your Body is a Weapon by The Wombats, I start dancing but get interrupted by a voice I was supposed to leave back at school, "Nice moves babe." The voice came from next door, Ryder's house?

"Ryder, what the heck are you doing," I scream and walk over to the window and open it.

"Well I was sitting at my desk when I heard some shitty music and I see you dancing like a dork in a sweater and underwear, then it clicks, you're my new neighbor," he says and I stare at him in disbelief, neighbors, he's insane.

"Whatever, I'm the coolest person you know babe," I wink at him and flip a piece of hair out of my face.

"We'll put some pants on, you're going out tonight. Shocker!" Um last time I checked I wasn't hanging out with him.