Fifteen

Me and Ryder sit on the bench, I'm drenched in beer and Ryder has a bloody nose. I bet that you're wondering what happened to us.

10 hours earlier*

I knock on the wood that I've grown to love. I look down at my outfit, a white sweetheart crop top, orange high waisted shorts, jean flannel, and some white converse. I wore my natural hair in a ponytail, I put on the natural look of makeup and wore my glasses.

"Oh Aspen! Thank you for coming on such short notice," Ms. Daniela said as she opened the door. I saw she was wearing a cute purple blouse and some jeans that she wore correctly.

"No biggie! I wasn't doing anything anyways but I might have someone over around four. Is that okay," I ask and smile apologetically to her.

"No problem! And of course! Now Daniel is in the living room, his lunch is in the kitchen, just ask Ryder or Carlos. Carlos will tell you what to do from there! I've got to go bye sweetie!" She kisses my cheek softly and walks out the door. She treats me like I'm her own daughter.

"Aspen," Daniel's voice carries into the entry way. He runs over to me and hugs me.

"Hey baby doll," I say and pick him up and hug him tightly.

"I'm so glad you're here!" He smiles and I kiss his cheek.

"Shhh. Your brothers are sleeping." I whisper and walk into the living room.

"They're already up. Carlos wants to see you." He starts playing with some cars that were laying on the floor.

"Hey Aspen," a deep raspy voice says from the stairs, and there was Carlos shirtless with his bed hair.

"Hey Carlos," I say and smile at him.

"Plan ready?" He smirks and walks over to Daniel and tousles his hair.

"Yup. Do I look nice?" I bite my lip and twirl around.

"Yup. Your chest looks nice. Loose the flannel though." He winks at me and I put the flannel by the front door.

"How will we get Ryder downstairs?" I walk back over and sit on the couch.

"Tell him Carmen's here. He hates her." He runs upstairs and Daniel sits in my lap.

"Wanna play a game," he asks and looks up at me.

"Sure. What game baby boy," I ask him and he smiles.

"Tag. You're it." He taps my shoulder and runs into the kitchen. I giggle a little and chase him into the kitchen. For a little boy, he sure is fast. He runs into the backyard and I chase him around there until he runs into his moms room, I chase him around being careful not to break anything. He runs upstairs at least in one of the rooms by the time I'm out of his moms room. I run into a hard chest, causing me to fall down.

"What the fuck," I say and rub my head.

"I'm so sorry Carmen I didn't mean to-," the voice trails off, Ryder. I put my glasses on and see him looking at me. "You aren't Carmen."

"No I'm the babysitter for Daniel since my boss fired me and now I have a terrible head ache." Carlos hold out a hand and I take it, he pulls me up and I notice Ryder's wearing a Young the Giant t-shirt. "You like young the giant?"

"Yeah." He rolls his eyes and I try to catch my balance.

"Cool. Me too. Oh and Carlos. Please behave when Shawn's over. I want to make a good first impression. He'll only be over for an hour then we go to a party." I smile at him and he winks at me. I watch as Ryder clenches his jaw, his jawline is so well defined.