HLS - Chapter 19

Un-edited.

**

Vic’s POV

  The doorbell rang and I rolled over, purposefully ignoring it. The doorbell rang again. I covered my face with my arms. Maybe by doing that whoever was at the door would go away. The doorbell rang for the third time, and then whoever was responsible for the damn loud bell’s noise kept on ringing.

Which sick person rang the doorbell like that?! I swear if it was some kid playing ding dong ditch..

“FINE!” I screamed getting up. “I’m opening the damn door. Shut the fuck up!” but whoever was at the door didn’t stop ringing, and so I was forced to run to the door. This motherf***er was sure getting a fist rammed in their face. First they wake me up, and now they make me run? I hate moving, let alone running!

“WHAT-“ Every single curse word I had planned on yelling died in my throat. My jaw dropped and I stared at the god in front of me.

“Tori, you got a second?” Rowan asked. His hair was messy, just like I and every other girl on this planet liked it. He wore a black, muscle hugging shirt and dark denim jeans. He towered over me with his thick aura of confidence and sexiness.

“Am I dreaming?” I blurted out.

He cracked a smile and was about to say something when I shrieked and slammed the door in his face.

Oh my god. Rowan Evans is standing at my door. I slapped myself hard on the face. I smell like shit! I look like shit!

“Ah..” Came his muffled voice from the door. “I thought more of a ‘hey come in’.” He joked.

No! My house looks like shit! Well, not my house, but same thing.

“What do you want?” I croaked trying tidy my wild hair, but it was no use.

“I just wanna talk.” He said.

My heart accelerated just listening to his voice. What would I do face to face? I’ll die out there!

I rushed to the nearest mirror. The tank-top I was wearing had alcohol stains, my pajama shorts were tattered and gosh.. did my pits leave yellow sweat stains?!

Wait..

“Aren’t I mad at you?” I said through the door, gaining a spec of confidence back.

Are you mad at me?” He asked.

I detected a hint of mockery, but chose to ignore it. And no, I wasn’t mad at him. I didn’t feel like being mad at him. I fought the urge to fling the door open and crush my lips to his.

Geez girl, get a grip!

I moved around in a rush. Hastily, I threw on a green sweater and found some random guy’s pants. Not wonderful, but they hid the horrendous clothes I was wearing.

“Yes?” I asked opening the door, with fake serenity.

Rowan smirked as if he knew something I didn’t know.

“Where are you traveling this summer?” He asked.

I gave him a stupid look. Did I look like I was traveling anywhere?

“Okay..” He said reading my expression. “Care to join me?”

My heart stopped. My breath caught in my throat. I struggled to fight down the blush that threatened to bloom across my cheeks.

Did he just offer for me to travel with him?

“Huh?” Was my genius reply.

Again, Rowan smiled one of those annoyingly cute smiles.