HLS - Chapter 26

ABE AND MIA MOMENT GUYS! :D

I was standing more than half naked in the desolate part of the beach with a gorgeous guy I barely knew. Sure, he was my best friend’s cousin however I knew absolutely nothing of him.

“I didn’t think you’d go for it.” Abe chuckled making me jump in surprise. His voice was closer than I thought and surely when I turned around he was all up in my face.

“Woah lover boy! Personal bubble.” I said swimming away from him. My arms were too busy covering my chest and so it was more like walking backwards, very slowly.

Abe gave me a lopsided grin and shifted his eyes to my chest region. “You know if you feel too uncomfortable you can put your top back on. I’m not forcing you into doing this, BELLA.”

I let out a breath in an attempt to calm myself down. “Do I seem that uptight?” I questioned in a small voice.

“No, no. You aren’t uptight.. you just seem a little scared most of the time.” He reassured, his arms flailing here and there as he tried to explain.

I ducked my head. I did do the bold move and stripped down to my underwear. Not to mention gave him a free show of my jiggling ass as I ran her. I might as well man up and make the most of this situation.

“Ok.” I said.

“Ok?” He asked sounding a little confused.

I dropped my arms and swam a little closer. “There. I’m fully naked. Just like you.”

He threw his head back and let out the most melodic laugh ever. “You’re so naive that it’s cute.” He cooed, pinching me on both cheeks.

“Hey!” I protested and slapped his hands away. “How come I’ve never heard about you before?” I asked, changing the subject.

“That’s weird.” He replied. “I’ve heard plenty about you.”

“Really?” I challenged. “Like what?”

“Your dad’s a huge soccer legend. You know your way around the kitchen, kudos to your mom. You were on the track team since forever but dropped the activity for cheerleading last year. What’s the unknown reason?”

“Lacey, former cheer captain got in an accident at the beginning of the year and asked for me to take her place. I don’t even know why she did that, but it was fun.” I answered.

“That’s generous of you. I know that you’re my cousin’s best friend which is a relief since you put her in check and she isn’t in jail yet. You’re beautiful, sweet and smart.” He said bringing a hand up to tuck a strand of long hair behind my ear.

“Wow.” I commented. “You really dug your dirt.”

Abe shrugged. “Jackie likes to talk about you a lot. Never uttered a bad word on you though.”

I smiled. That was sweet. “Wait. How come she never came blabbering about you to me?” I asked.

Abe grinned but never answered. Instead he went underwater. 

That was slightly rude.

I gasped as his two large hands clasped on my hips, bringing me down with him. For a second my body had to adapt to the change of temperature. The cold water ran through my thick hair and face. It was a nice feeling and I relished in it. And then like a click I remembered I was half naked and freaked out again.

“Oh my god!” I squealed as we both resurfaced. “Give a girl a little warning, Abe!”

“Where’s the fun in that?” He chortled.