HLS - Chapter 10

Enjoy <3

** 

 I rolled my eyes at my two friends. We were sitting in Chemistry and Jackie and Zach haven’t stopped flirting since first bell rang.

I heard Jackie giggle, and I rolled my eyes again.

“Okay class! Grab a partner, and get started on the experiment.” Said the teacher. I smiled inwardly as half the guys in my class came and sat next to me.

I laughed out loud when Rowan shot them all glares, and they all backed off.

“Hey.” Said Tyler sitting on the seat next to me.

“Hey back.” I said smiling at him. Tyler was one of Rowan’s best friends, although he was one of the schools popular jocks, he was really easy going and cute, well towards me he was. He was tall, six foot two, and a darkly tanned guy. With sharp brown eyes, and shaggy black hair. He had a well-toned body and the whitest teeth I have ever seen yet.

“So what are we doing today?” He muttered, his eyes scanning the paper we were given.

“Miss Thorne and Mr. Harrington!” Fumed the teacher. “I do not allow this physical behavior in my Science lab, you better behave or I will gladly change your lab partners.”

Zach smirked as he pulled his lips away from Jackie, while she got off his lap and sat in her seat shooting daggers at the teacher.

“They’re really into each other, huh.” Tyler said, a knowing smirk on his handsome face.

I batted my eyelashes and feigned innocence. “What do you mean?”  

“I know you had something to do with it.” He said waggling his eyebrows.

“Ew! No, Nothing like that!” I said smacking his arm. “Whatever you were thinking.”

“Of course not!” He said grinning.

***

 After finally finishing the dumb experiment, we were finally allowed to go to lunch. Every time we’d be close to finishing it Tyler would ‘accidentally’ ruin it.

“But I didn’t see it!” He said for the millionth time. “Mia!” He said throwing a casual arm around my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and stopped at my locker, I felt my twin’s presence before I heard him clear his throat. The arm around my shoulder immediately dropped.

“What’s up big bro?” I said. Even though Rowan was only five minutes older than me, he loved it when I admitted he was the eldest.

“Nothing at all.” He said wrapping a possessive arm around my shoulders, the same place his best friend’s arm was a few seconds ago. He glared at Tyler, who held up his hands in a ‘I’m backing off now’ way.

“What’s going on between you two?” Rowan said quietly, so no one but me could hear.

I gave him an incredulous look. 

“Me and Tyler? Nothing Ro, I told you I’m not interested in any of the guys here.” I said and felt him relax slightly, I resisted the urge to toll my eyes. “Or girls.” I said.

He laughed and ruffled my perfectly done hair, and jogged away before I could complain.

I glared at his broad back, and smoothed down my wavy blonde hair.

“Move it.” Sneered a vicious voice I knew all too well. I stumbled a little forward as a bony Vic shouldered past me, hard.

“Bitch.” The word flew out of my mouth before I could stop myself. I’ve never called anyone names except my friends, because they knew I’d be joking. My eyes widened and I waited for her reaction.