HLS - Chapter 13

VIC'S POV

~~~

I stomped through the empty hallways, wiping at the stray tears angrily.

How dare she talk about my parents like that?! Who did she think she was! I was going to fucking rip her pretty little head off!!

I tore through the school doors aggressively, and all but ran to my usual hiding place. I pulled out a cigarette from my hoodie's pocket and leaned against the huge tree bark.

 ~FLASHBACK

"I want to smoke when I grow older!" Eleven year-old Rowan said enthusiastically. "It's so cool."

"What?! No. If you smoke all your teeth will turn black and fall off!!" I screeched staring at the beautiful boy in front of me crazily.

He grinned. "Aw Tori, you don't want me to die." He mocked a cheeky grin plastered on his face.

I blushed and let my thick dark hair cover my face like a curtain. "No.  I mean yeah, No" I mumbled embarrassed.

 ~END FLASHBACK

I shook my head furiously. I didn't need to be reminded of the old days. Old happy and innocent days I spent with the Evans Twins. I didn't need to remember him.

As though to make my day any more awesome (note the sarcasm) the devil him self appeared out of nowhere. He held his head high, light brown hair stylishly disheveled, long legs moving in a perfect casual stride towards me. And aqua blue eyes connecting with mine, making me shiver.

"What do you want?" I said coldly, remembering the brunette that had her hands all over him at lunch. As if he could read my mind, he smirked.

"Well lots of things." He said winking.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, and instead fixated him with an uninterested stare.

"Can I enjoy your company Miss Black?" He said nodding towards the space next to me.

"No." I said bitterly, he ignored me and sat next to me. Rather too close for my liking.

"Were you crying?" He asked shocked, his breath tickling my left cheek. My head swung in his direction, eyes wide, and mouth hanging open.

"No." I said a little too quickly as I shifted to hide my face from him, Why didn't I just walk away? Honestly, I enjoyed his presence. He had this calm and sincere atmosphere that followed him everywhere, not that I'd ever tell him that.

"Were you?" He asked a little more persistent this time, and I felt him move closer. I mimicked his moves putting space between us again.

"No!" I croaked.

In a flash, Rowan was standing in front of me. A large hand on my chin as he raised it. My eyes connected with his for the second time and I felt my knees go weak. It was like the world fell away when I looked into those calming blue eyes.. That reminded me of his sister.

My lower lip quivered, and I averted my eyes from his heated gaze.

"What happened Tori?" He asked his voice as soft as honey, but I could hear the threatening tone under it.

I hung my head, normally I would have stomped off, gave the person one hell of an argument, punched the lights out of them. But whenever Rowan was around, the thought never struck my mind. And if it did, it would sound like such a childish and stupid move and I'd feel ashamed. Like a deer stuck in the headlights, confused not knowing what to do.

Before I knew it, he plucked the cigarette out my hand and stomped on it. Making me sway into his arms, which automatically wrapped around me and I was dazed by the wonderful smell of home, Mrs. Evan’s cooking, and.. him.