WM 49 Joy February 24, 2018

Club Members:

Hissince2013
Jesus_Freaks_Unite
CupCakeQueen11
LiaDanielle
katjalouw
lhurvely_girl
apostolic_girl_7603
iJesusFreak
Astrither
GamingHumor
HolyTruthOfGod
CertifiedApostolic
nosidamrenrut123
sweetsoul_16
_startingnew_
ChristianImpact
JlcollinsRocket
VioletRose156
lovesavedme
jmm7867
penielic
XXIII-XLI-XIII
SCRenekinz
skylophilia
voracious3300
GodIsGreatForever01
LuciqueX
ApostolicWriter16
Marr_the_Pony
interstellar_babe

Hey Arkada! Here's the Weekly Message you had asked for! However, instead of happiness, I wanted to use joy. As nitpicky as the difference sounds, happiness is a temporary feeling. Buying a new thing for yourself or being outside on a bright summer day or even engaging in sin can bring you happiness.
But happiness is temporary and doesn't fulfill. What we want is joy, the fulfillment of life and the deep rooted happiness that comes from God. And so for this I want to go over some big ideas the Bible gives us about having joy!

David on Joy

And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:47‬ ‭KJV‬‬

"The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭19:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

No book in the Bible expresses joy and pain, anger and forgiveness, peace and confusion like Psalms. David and the other authors involved pour out their heart to God in song like few men dare to admit to themselves, and they teach us some powerful things.

David's view of joy was very simple. If he had a relationship with God, obeying His word, keeping His commands, and knowing Him personally, he would be full of joy whether he was a fugitive or a king.

We can tell that from the first Psalm.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭1:1-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬