WM2 Prayer December 17, 2016

Written By NoahShrewsbery
Sorry, I forgot last Saturday, I was really busy, but here's the weekly message now!

Club Members:
LiaDanielle
JBFranklin
katjalouw
iJesusFreak
Hissince2013
ApostolicJesusFreak
ApostolicWriter15
Kayla-Writes
and anyone I missed! Your name is on top so you get notified whenever we make a weekly message, usually on Saturdays. If you want out just message me

But I Dont Know How To Pray!

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
After this manner, therefore, pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done
in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power,
and the glory,
for ever.
Amen.
Matthew 6:5‭-‬13 KJV

There are a lot of different views on prayer. Some people will tell you it is the proper thing to do before dinner. Some people will say it's something you do at church that keeps you spiritual and fed. Some people say that it's not really even necessary, I mean, why would the God of the Universe care?
But what does God say? How does God see it?
This is how God's messenger, the Apostle Paul, put it when he witnessed to the Greeks:

(God) "hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring."
Acts 17:26‭-‬28 KJV

Did you catch that? You might want to read that over again, that verse contains the secret to the universe, the reason for everything, the purpose that mankind has searched for millenia, that philosophers have struggled with since ancient times. Why were we made? For what reason do any of us even live? Do we have a purpose, and what is it? According to scripture, Our purpose is that we should seek the Lord. God made us so that whoever's willing can have a real relationship with Him. He made us so that He could love us, and we could love Him.

If we were made for a relationship with God, What else is worthwhile in this life?
If you think about it... Nothing. And here's why.

Every thing that we say, think, believe, act, eat, read, write, watch, make, build and do in our lifetimes will mean NOTHING-ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, when we're dead. But prayer will mean something. Everything we do to get closer to God will mean something.
The Bible says to "store heavenly treasures" by focusing our lives on the spiritual things because all of our stuff on earth can be stolen, rusted, eaten or destroyed. But there is something that nobody can take away, nothing can destroy and it will never corrupt or rust. That's a friendship with Jesus.