WM 45 Life January 20, 2018

Club Members:
Hissince2013
Jesus_Freaks_Unite
CupCakeQueen11
LiaDanielle
katjalouw
lhurvely_girl
apostolic_girl_7603
iJesusFreak
Astrither
GamingHumor
HolyTruthOfGod
CertifiedApostolic
nosidamrenrut123
sweetsoul_16
_startingnew_
ChristianImpact
JlcollinsRocket
VioletRose156
lovesavedme
jmm7867
penielic
XXIII-XLI-XIII
SCRenekinz
skylophilia
voracious3300
GodIsGreatForever01
LuciqueX
ApostolicWriter16
_bethany_grace_
Marr_the_Pony
interstellar_babe

Sorry that this WM is a little sloppy (no news, etc;) I was really late in being able to do this!

What It Means To Be A Man

Hey everyone! This Weekly Message isn't just for men, despite it's name! There's an idea that comes with the word "Man" in many cultures that means more than being an "adult male". It means reaching a certain standard of ideals, values and actions that you have really "grown up" in a meaningful sense. Even though this message came to me this way, it's for all ages and genders if you read between the lines!

I've met a lot of grown males who aren't men. Our society has specific ideals for what a man is and isn't, and more often than not they don't work.

Before I get to the main message, which is for any gender or age (and I'll use less specific language), let me tell my fellow american guys something.

If you've seen a cheesy action movie, you've seen this. Maybe you were going through something and someone told you "Suck it up, be a man."

We have a culture that tells men that emotions are weakness. I'm not saying men have it harder than women or anything stupid like that. I'm also not saying we should be snowflakes and cry over spilled milk!

I'm saying that we have a self-image to preserve so tightly that we're embarrassed to cry in funerals, and then we're wondering why middle schoolers are shooting themselves over anxiety. Look at the stats in any starving, hopeless third world country, and suicide is almost inexistent. You'll find, almost consistently, that they weep and lament in the streets in funerals and clap and cry tears of joy in weddings. They have so much less than us, but so much happier than our ideal person.