Chater 25

Sheri pushed me away and I let her walk away I was expecting a smile and for her to hug me but instead she was in tears, I thought I could comfort her but in the end I made it more worse. I had one more thing I wanted to do since yesterday was a disaster today I requested to do something during our assembly today.

The gym was packed with students filling up the seats and students trying to find somewhere to sit. I saw Sheri sitting with Eric and I watched as she placed her head on his shoulder I noticed her wearing a necklace but it wasn't mine. Once the assembly started my heart was racing because I was confessing my feelings to her in front of everyone. When it was time for me to share my feelings the lights were dimmed and I was standing in the middle gym.

I held the mic in my hand before calling Sheri's name. When the gym went silent I looked directly at her and called her out. I confessed my feelings to her and begged her to come to me. A few minutes went by until she finally left her seat with her stuff. I asked her to kiss me and when she did she looked pissed she took the mic from me and said, "You happy? You got what you wanted?" she said before walking out of the gym. I saw Eric walking down the bleachers and towards me I smirked but he grabbed the mic from me, "You can never take a hint can you? She's happy with me, she's taken by me and she clearly show's that she's not interested anymore. I told you more than once to leave her the fuck alone but you just don't seem to get it. Stay the fuck away from my girl" he growled into the mic then he shoved it to my chest and I watched him chase after Sheri

I heard murmurs coming from the crowd before I was told to go back to my seat and we were released from the assembly. The rest of the day I was silent not saying a word to anyone clearly I was the new talk around the school but I didn't care I got pitiful looks and pats on the back but I ignored those too. I couldn't go home because I was mad at my family and I can't stay at my friends place for too long. I decided to drive to the beach and take a walk. 

I was in my thoughts I didn't realize how far I walked all I know is that I kept walking straight. I stopped and looked out on the horizon thinking of Sheri and ways I could've avoided making her a different person. I know that I can't fix my mistake and I know I should let her go but I can't she's all I think about. I ran a hand through my hair and walked back to my car.

I got back to Mason's house just as his parents were cooking dinner, "Oh Chase, welcome back" Mason's mom said I greeted her and went up to Mason's room. He was lying on his bed playing video games, "Hey man" he said

"Hey" I said before sitting at his desk

"Sorry about today" he said putting the controller down

"Nah, don't sweat it. Listen man I'm leaving tomorrow"

"Dude, you have no where else to stay besides my parents don't mind you staying here with us" he said looking at me

"I know and I can always come to you guys but I can't stay mad at my family forever. It's not right" I said looking away from him.

"Yeah. What are you gonna do about Sheri clearly she and her boyfriend weren't happy about that stunt that you pulled during the assembly" he said

"Yeah I know" I said looking up at the ceiling

"Why is it so hard to let her go?" I asked

"I don't know man but I think you need to find that answer out on your own" Mason said before going back to his game. I sighed and grabbed some clothes from my duffle bag. I locked the bathroom door and placed my clothes on the counter I stripped out of my clothes and let the water warm up I jumped in the shower rinsing myself off and letting the water hit my skin. I came out a few minutes later fresh and clean. I headed downstairs and joined Mason and his family for dinner.

After dinner I thanked the family and headed upstairs. Mason and I talked waiting for his parents to go to sleep. Once they did I went back downstairs and set my bed up on the couch. With all the lights off downstairs and the house being quiet I realized that I should apologize to my family I and I'll never get Sheri. With all these thoughts in my mind I dozed off and fell asleep.

The next morning Mason was shaking me awake I woke up and grunted, "Breakfast" was all he said I nodded and got up folding the sheets and the blankets before placing them on the couch along with my pillow on top. I went upstairs and changed in Mason's room. After getting ready I brought my bags downstairs and ate breakfast. I thanked Mason's parent's for letting me stay with them.

"You're welcome here any time" Mason's mom said before we went to school. We got to school and Mason said, "Dude we should go bowling tonight. It'll help take your mind off of Sheri"

I smirked and nodded. The day went by fast and I went home. My mom was in the kitchen preparing dinner I walked over to her and hugged her surprising her, "Chase where have you been?" she asked pulling back so she could examine me.

"Mom I'm sorry for snapping at you. I didn't mean it and Dad was just riling me up" I said

She cupped my cheek and smiled, "All is forgiven, it's in the past I'm just glad that you're home and you're safe. Now go wash up dinner's almost ready" I placed my hand on hers and said, "Yeah about that me and my friends were going to bowling tonight plus it's the weekend tomorrow" I said she nodded

"Alright go have fun with your friends" she said letting me go I went up to my room and got ready for tonight.

I met my friends at the bowling alley after paying we chose a lane. We grabbed our bowling balls and ordered our food while we were waiting for our food we put on our shoes. I finished tying mine when I looked up and saw a group of bikers a couple lanes down and even though they didn't have their cuts I could tell that they were bikers

That's odd I never thought bikers would go out and bowl I assumed they went out to bars and strip clubs I thought to myself but looking at them there was a girl she turned and I realized it was Sheri with a smile on her face.

What the hell is Sheri doing with a biker gang? I asked myself shock written all over my face. I saw the same biker that was with Eric I wanted to go over there but I reminded myself that I was with my friends and I was going to get over Sheri.