Chapter 23

Sheri's outfit above

I woke up the next morning and stretched. I carefully got out of bed walking to my closet I grabbed a teal tank top, black skinny jeans, black heeled boots and my leather jacket. Once I finished changing I grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs placing my bag on the couch I went into the kitchen and grabbed something for breakfast. I walked out of the kitchen just as a few of the bikers woke up most of them shirt less.

Phoenix saw and me and whistled, "Damn you look hot" Damon pushed past him and ruffled my hair I shook my head and ran a hand through my hair brushing out all of the tangles that he put in my hair. I ate my breakfast before going back to my room to finish getting ready I brushed my teeth, washed and moisturized my face before brushing my hair and applying some make up spraying on some perfume and applying deodorant I walked out of the bathroom grabbed my car keys and went back downstairs. I grabbed my bag and said bye to the bikers.

I got to school and saw Eric by his locker I ran up to him more like limped while running and jumped on him. He caught me with a surprised look, "Well aren't you happy?" he asked chuckling setting me down.

I smiled, "Well one I feel like this weight that I've been carrying is finally lifted off my shoulders and two it's my birthday I'm finally 18 which means I'm going to pick up my brother today Damon told me he's been keeping an eye on him from a distance."

"Well one happy birthday and two I'm proud of you" he said leaning down and kissing me. He pulled away and smiled, "I got you something" he grabbed a bouquet of hibiscus flowers and tiare flowers and gave them to me then he gave me a card and a box of doughnuts. I gently grabbed his chin and brought lips towards mine, "And this is why I love you" I said before pecking his lips. He smiled and grabbed my hand closing his locker we walked to class.

During one of my classes Eric and I were doing work when someone placed a note on my desk. I opened it up and it read, "Ask your teacher a note then go to the gym" I nudged Eric with my elbow and he read, "Is this some sort of prank?" I asked him he shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know"

"I'm gonna show this to the teacher" I said standing up outta my seat. I walked up to the teachers desk hoping that it was just a prank and I could go back and do my work but the teacher smiled and gave me a clue instead.

"This isn't a note, this is a clue" I said

"Yes I know. You're excused Ms. Alveraz" the teacher said before going back to grading work. I groaned and walked out of the class I read the clue and flipped it over there was a riddle that said, "I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I? Give you're answer to the gym teacher and he'll give you the next clue or riddle"

I re-read the riddle again before getting my answer. I walked to the gym and went up to the gym teacher showing him the riddle before he smiled and said, "So what's the answer?" I smirked and said, "It's a lead pencil" he nodded and gave me the next clue I had to head to the library go to the school books and find a science book going to page 95 the riddle said, "There are four brothers in this world that were all born together. The first runs and never wearies. The second eats and is never full. The third drinks and is always thirsty. The fourth sings a song that is never good." 

I went to the library and grabbed a science book going to page 95. There was a piece of paper on the page and I opened it saying I had to go to the cafeteria but before I left I had to go see the librarian and she would have to ask me the question even though it made no sense to me I re-read the riddle before looking down at the book and see 4 different elements I smiled when I got the answer and closed the book I put it back on the shelf before going to the front desk. The librarian looked up and smiled, "Do you know the answer?"