Chapter 18

It's been four days since Sheri's been absent. Eric's been collecting all of her assignments after school. I decided to talk to him today before school finished as the day went by I kept an eye on the time watching for the bell to ring to end period. When the bell rang I saw Eric leave and I quickly grabbed my stuff to followed Eric. I caught up with him and stopped him, "Eric man, do you know what happened to Sheri? Is she sick?"

"No she's not" he said with a glare then asked, "Why do you need to worry about her?" 

"I can't worry about her?" I asked

"No because that's my girl. Do your self a favor and leave her alone better yet don't even ask about her" he said then walked past me. I cared for her a lot and I needed to know that she was safe. I sighed and walked to my car. Before I went home I went to pine tree cafe and got something to eat I ordered my food to go.

I got home and sat down in the dining room. I took out my food and ate my sister walked out of her room and in the kitchen when she saw me, "Seriously?"

"What? Did you want a bite?" I asked her

"No, you're sulking agian" she huffed and crossed her arms across her chest

"No I'm not" I said and shoved food in my mouth

"You're worried about Sheri aren't you?" she asked me with a soft look I sighed and nodded my head she sat next to me and placed her head on my shoudler, "You really do care for her don't you?"

"Yes I do. Do you think it would've been different if I admitted my feelings towards her and if we were dating" I asked my sister

"Maybe" she said reaching for my fork and taking a bite of my food. I took my food back and finished it. 

"I'm going to sleep early" I told her and messing up her hair. I went to my room and did my homework before going to sleep.

"Sheri?"

"Chase"

"Sheri where have you been? I've been worried sick" I said grabbing her by the shoulders

"Chase I'm sorry I had to take care of some business" she said looking down

I sighed placing my thumb and my forefinger under her chin I made her look at me, "It's ok" I said before leaning towards her to kiss her but she giggled and moved backwards. I smirked and started to chase after her.

"Chase I'm right here, come get me" she whispered I took a step towards her but she took a gun out from the back of her jeans and pointed it towards me then she pulled the trigger I felt the bullet go through me and I watched her walk away. 

I woke up in a cold sweat quickly sitting up I ran a hand through my hair. I removed my shirt and threw it somewhere in the room. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. I turned the handles in the shower and let the water run when I checked again and the water was hot. I stripped the rest of my clothes off and got in the shower letting the hot water run down my body I've been having that same nightmare every night and sometimes it would be different. After cleaning myself I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked back to my room I grabbed a fresh pair of clothes well more like boxers I put them on and climbed back into bed. I tried to get rest and not think about Sheri at all.

The next morning I got up and groaned I was tired and didn't feel like going to school. I went to the bathroom and I looked like shit I had bags under my eyes and my eyes were red. I went back in my room and decided not to go to school as soon as I hit the bed I was out like a light. 

I woke up a few hours later I checked the time and it read 12 in the afternoon. I groaned and got out of bed. I walked out of my room and started the shower when the water was at the right temperature I got in letting the water run down my body and wake me up. After showering I changed into a pair of sweats and made something to eat. I sat down on the couch and started to flip through the channels looking to watch something. I found back to the future 2 and watched that. 

"You've been home all day?" I heard my sister ask I jumped a little bit, "Shit I didn't realize you came home"

"Yeah Avery's mom gave me a ride home today. Seriously you need to get over Sheri" she said walking to the kitchen

"That's not easy you know" I said turning the T.V. off and placing my dishes in the sink

"Well she's taken and there's nothing that you can do about it" my sisters words hurt a little but I pushed the pain away and shook my head, "Women" I murmured before going to my room.

I called up an old friend of mine that I haven't seen in a long time he picked up on second ring,  "Hello?"

"Hey Landon" I heard moaning and Landon talking to someone in the background

"Maybe I should call back"

"Oh shit dude, sorry you didn't need to hear that. Baby I'll be back" I heard then I heard complaint and whines from the girl before she finally agreed to wait, "Sorry about that, what did you need?"

"Ok well clearly you're busy right now" I said

"Hey man I apologized for that now what did you need?"

"You doing anything tomorrow?" I asked

"Not that I know of why?"

"Wanna hang?" I asked

"Sure" Landon and I talked for a little bit more before he hung up saying he had to go take care of some business. I heard my parents come home I put on a shirt and came out of my room.

"Hi Mom, Dad"

"Hi sweetie" My mom said my dad just nodded his head in my direction. I followed my mom into the kitchen and offered to help her cook dinner. When we finished dinner we sat and ate in silence until my Dad cleared his throat, "You're grades are dropping son"

"Yeah I know" I said 

"Have you been going to school?"

"Yes I have"

"What are you doing in your classes? Sleeping?"

"No I've been ditching" I told him looking him dead in the eye. My dad was going to say something but I cut him off, "You know I'm done with my food, I'm going to bed" I said pushing my chair back and placing my dishes in the sink. I went to my room and went to bed.