Chapter Eighteen

Cory

It wasn't hard to get her that night, in fact since she started hanging out with that dickhead she was much easier to track.  I was both pleased and disgusted by this fact.  It meant two things, she may love this asshole, and my hold on her was fading.  That's why I decided to take her, to let her know she is mine, and she would always be mine.

I was still mad that it was in fact my fault she started dating that prick, but in reality I had to thank him because if it wasn't for him she would have never started to let her guard down.  Before him, all I could do was look from a far, she protected herself way too much.  It wasn't until after she started dating him that I finally found out where she worked, I always knew the general area and even spotted her several times, but I couldn't risk going into every store, someone may have recognized me eventually and called the police.  I was too drunk to hit her bike that day, and missed and hit his car instead.  I only wish I would have killed him.  I didn't actually want to kill her that day, just seriously hurt her, so she would need me as much as I needed her.  She was all I thought about.  She was in my every thought.  Her beautiful long hair blowing in the wind.  Her petite frame, her eyes.  I hated that she had this effect on me, made me feel weak, but she needed to realize that she was the weak one, not me.  I missed the days back at my parents house.  When my Mom and Dad looked the other way when I finally had Alex all to myself.  I was angry when Jenny killed herself and killed what we had, and I took it out on Alex, and Jenny's death seemed to crush her completely, and I got to do whatever I wanted to her.  Then one day she was gone.  I thought she enjoyed what we had, but she left, I think she was just confused.  I forgive her for running away. 

Ever since the accident I had been following her quite closely.  I overheard her conversations, listened to her every word.  The moment I had heard about the party, I decided that would be the day we would finally be reunited.  I knew about her crazy blackmailing prank she was going to pull on some hussy named Misty.  I should teach that girl a lesson for hurting my girl, but that would have to wait.  I was at the party the whole time, but Alex was seriously distracted by her role in the prank, and by him.  The thought of him made my blood boil. How dare he touch what's mine.  I waited for the perfect opportunity, I don't know how I managed to restrain myself when I saw them dancing closely and whispering to each other. I wanted to beat him until every inch of his body was broken, and if he came looking for her I would do just that. They were so wrapped up in each other they didn't noticed when I slipped in and grabbed her water bottle.  I quickly dropped five or six sleeping pills in it, they would take fifteen minutes or so to start working but when they did I knew she would pass out cold.  I shook it up a bit and waited until they dissolved completely and I put it back exactly where I found it.  Soon a woman came and told them it was show time, I followed them upstairs, I spotted a bathroom down the hall and I predicted that when she started to feel tired she would go there, and I would be waiting for her.  I sat in the shower in the dark for what seemed like ages, and then finally she came and in and thankfully locked the door behind her.  I peeked and saw her grab the counter to stable herself.  I could tell she was feeling the effects.  She splashed some water on her face in a futile attempt to wake up.  She walked over to dry her face and I slowly crept out.  She turned around the look of pure terror on her face was extremely exhilarating.  Fate was on my side because before she could scream or make a sound she passed out, and I caught her as she fell into my arms.  Finally after all those years of us being apart I felt whole again.

I looked over at her on my bed sleeping and smiled.  She was exactly where she should be. While she slept I wondered exactly what I would do when she woke up.  I knew that no matter what I wasn't going to let her go this time, I just didn't know how she was going to react.  The Alex I knew was weak and was easy to get what I wanted from her, especially when Jenny was still around.  I pushed her too hard, I actually only used Jenny to get to Alex, it had always been about Alex.  She was so beautiful. I hope that I was still the only man to really know how beautiful she was, I didn't want that jerk to lay his hands on what was mine.

Just then she began to stir, and I became excited.  It had been so long since I saw her this close.

"Brandon...." she half moaned half cried.

That enraged me.  After I had done for her she still wanted that piece of shit. I walked over to her and slapped her face.  She tried to sit up quickly, only to realize that her hands where handcuffed together and handcuffed to the bed post. She groaned as she sat up slower and allowed her eyes to adjust.

"Cory?" she asked timidly

That's my girl. "Hello Alex"

She shuddered which made my smile widened.

"What do you want?" she asked trying not to sound afraid, but the fear poured off her.

"Oh Alex, you know the answer to that, I want you, you're mine and you always were, and always will be." I stated matter-a-factly.

"He'll never stop looking for me." she said quietly.

I started toward her again and she cowered. "You mention him again and you will regret it."

She lowered her head and nodded. Her submission had come easier than I had anticipated.

"So what should we do first?" I asked with a wicked grin and she started to cry.  "I think we need to get reacquainted." She tried to back away and I started towards her, but would soon realize that it was futile.  There was nowhere for her to go.  I came closer to her and brushed my finger over her tattoo.  The tattoo may have covered my brand on her, but I could feel them.  I traced my name with my fingers.  "I know they are still there, you will never get rid of them, but maybe I should remind you." I paused and pulled a knife from my pocket and smiled.  She was sobbing now, but clearly trying not to.

"Where is your hero now?" I snarled.