Chapter Seventeen

Brandon

So it was the night of Lana's party and I was a mess. I don't know what Alex was thinking agreeing to this crazy party and this even crazier scheme. We were going to be at a party with tons of people, and I couldn't very well follow her around every second we were there. But what if Corey showed up? What if he took her? I shook my head, and willed myself not to think like that, but I was terrified of losing her.

I had been floating around my whole life, and I never knew what true happiness was until I met her. I wasn't just about to let her go. She had been through so much, experienced so much pain, so much sadness. I never wanted her to be sad again. Her smile lit up my whole world, and I wanted to be the one to keep that beautiful smile on her face. I wanted to be the one to make her happy every minute of the day. Too many people made her feel like she was worthless, but to me she was worth fighting for. I know it wasn't going to be easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is. I wanted her to know that no matter what we had to go through I wasn't going to give up on her. I would choose her every time because there wasn't anyone in this world I would rather give my heart too, and I felt lucky she was giving me hers. It look so much courage for her to open up and fall in love with me, I would never make her regret it. I didn't ever want to break her heart.

So if I had to suffer through this party worrying sick about her safety I would do it. I would do anything for her. The party started at 8. I was just finishing up some work, and then heading home to get ready then go pick her up. I had an uneasy feeling, but I was trying to suppress it.

My feelings of uneasiness did not get better as I drove home and quickly showered and got dressed. I gave myself a once in the mirror and hoped I looked alright. I was still not used to my random feelings of self consciousness. I had always been so sure of myself. I got nervous every time I thought about her. I've never had anything so important that I couldn't bear to lose. I hope she felt the same way as me.

I got to her place a little before seven. I could believe the butterflies in my stomach in anticipation of seeing her. She is so beautiful. I knocked on her door and I knew she would look through the peep hole before letting me in. Alex had been hiding her whole life. She didn't really need me to protect her, but that doesn't mean I wasn't going to anyway. She must have seen me since I heard her start to unlock the five locks on her door. I'm glad she was so cautious. I smiled a little, remembering her hugging me the first time I showed up at her place.

She opened the door and smiled melting my heart all over again. I smiled back and she pulled me close and whispered,

"Hi."

"Hey beautiful." I replied and she blushed and giggled. I would never get sick of that sound.

She stood on her toes and gently placed her lips on mine. I circled my arms around her and deepened the kiss. She moaned in my mouth, and I felt my knees go weak. Her kiss was almost the amazing thing I have ever felt. Having her completely now that is the best feeling in this universe. I had to pull away or I was going to pick her up like a caveman and throw her over my shoulder and carry her to the bedroom.

She giggled again knowing exactly the effect she was having on me.

"Are you okay?" She asked sweetly.

I tried to catch my breath "I'm good." I said, but couldn't look at her. She was biting her lip and it drove me crazy.

"I know." She hummed. I laughed.

I shook my head and noticed she was wearing her pajamas.

"Is that what you are wearing?" I asked trying not to sound judgemental. I couldn't care what she wore, she was always gorgeous.