Chapter Sixteen

Alex

I can't believe what had just happened. I never knew it could be so wonderful. We laid in bed in each other's arms, and it felt right. Then something crossed my mind.

"Brandon?" I was shy all of a sudden.

"Hmmm?" he hummed lazily.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." he said gripping me a little tighter.

"Well I know that this time wasn't my" I paused "what I mean was you weren't technically." I stopped god I sounded like a dweeb. I sighed and tried again. "Would you mind if I considered you my first?" I blurted and shut my eyes willing myself to disappear. I was dying of embarrassment which was getting worse every second he didn't say anything. I was mortified.

"I'm sorry, that was stupid, just forget it." I rambled and stated to get up, but he stopped me.

"Alex, stop." he held me tight. "I would be honored. You are amazing, and I feel special that you even asked." I breathed a sigh of relief and smiled. He brushed my lips with his and I relaxed.

I nestled under his arm, and allowed myself to believe that I deserved this. That my life was finally mine. We fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next day we spent being lazy in each other's arms and it was wonderful. We didn't mention Corey or the fact that no one had even a clue to where he was. Brandon's parents invited us over for supper again. I knew he didn't want to go, but could tell I did. I hadn't ever had a family, and I was really enjoying it. We stayed up late chatting, and decided to stay the night. I definitely could get used to falling asleep in his arms. It felt so right, which terrified me. Things never went this well for me.

I woke up drenched in sweat and scared for my life. It was a nightmare, but it felt so real. I must have been screaming because Brandon looked horrified. I shot out of bed before he could touch me. I regretted it because pain shot through my shoulder. Soon after his Mom and Dad came through the door with concern in their eyes. I was frantic. I didn't know where to go or what to do. Then Michael came in and I panicked. I knew in my mind he wouldn't hurt me, but my body wasn't listening. I started to shake. I couldn't breathe.

"Michael I think you better go." Joanne said softly. He nodded and left but my fear remained. I looked in her eyes pleading. "Actually everyone should go." She added looking at me.

"Mom I'm not going." Brandon said and got up and headed towards me. I backed up away from him, and instantly felt awful when I saw the flash of hurt come across his face, but I couldn't control myself.

"Brandon please," she smiled, he nodded sadly and left with his father. She didn't say anything to me just opened her arms to me.

I paused not knowing what to do at first, and then I let her arms wrap around me like a cocoon and I started to cry. I cried my heart out. I didn't hold back. I cried for Jenny, for my parents, for hurting Brandon, and I cried for myself. I cried in her arms until I had no tears left, and then I just I just let her hold me. She didn't say anything just held me. Finally I pulled away and looked up at her. She smiled at me.

"You feel better sweetie?" She asked.

I paused and thought. I did feel better. In fact I felt better than I had in years. I felt loved. Not just the new love I had found with Brandon, but the love of a mother.

"Actually yes." I finally answered. "I feel much better. Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me. You love my son, and you've brought out a part of him I didn't know was there. You've had a tough life, and I hope that I can, actually that we can make it better. You're a fighter, but you don't have to fight alone."

I was speechless. I felt myself tearing up again. "I..." I began, but she silenced me by wrapping her arms around me once again.

I took a deep breath and a sense of dread overcame me. The look of hurt on Brandon's face was enough to spoil any good feelings I had found. I looked up at Joanne and she read my mind.

"He'll be fine, don't you worry." She smiled at me and left the room. I sat on the bed and looked up to see his face standing in the doorway.

"Hey. Can I come in?" He asked quietly.

"Of course." I didn't know what else to say.

"Look Alex, I..." I cut him off.

"I'm sorry Brandon. I was half asleep, I get these nightmares, I didn't mean to.." I rambled.

"Alex," he smiled, and sat down beside me. "It's okay. You don't need to be sorry. I would give anything so your beautiful face wouldn't ever be sad."

I chuckled "You are smooth." he laughed.

"Hey I worked hard on that line." He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I leaned into him. "You want to tell me about the nightmare?"

Not really, but I will anyway. "I've had this nightmare so many times, but always slightly different. I don't remember all of it, but he was there, and he had Jenny. She was beaten and bloody, and she was crying begging me to help her, but I can never get to her." I shook my head. Share time over.

He pulled me tighter. "I'm sorry Alex. They will find him you know. Are you okay?"

I nodded. I know they would, I was just scared he would find me first.

We say there quiet for a few moments. Before it could get awkward, Brandon spoke up and changed the subject.

"So what's this party Lana is throwing, and that you were so eager to agree to go?" I cringed.

I had almost forgotten of our elaborate plan which involved me going to a party, but I casually reminded myself it was for Lana. "Ya she wanted to invite some friends over, and she said I needed more friends so we should come too." I mustered up the best smile I could.

He seemed skeptical. "Okay I know something is up. You hate people, and parties, so why are we going?"

Yep, it's official I suck at lying and I was even worse at keeping things from him.

"I don't hate people." I mumbled.

"You are a terrible liar," he smiled. I loved that smile. He disarmed me.

"Oh alright. Lana is going to hate me." I proceeded to tell him the whole story, not before swearing him to secrecy. When I finally finished, he sat there staring at me wide eyed.

After a few moments he smiled, and my heart fluttered. How did he do that? "Well first, why would Lana not tell me? I could never be mad at her, in fact I would be less upset about her brining Misty around so much. Second, I can't believe you thought of this plan, I didn't know you had it in you. I must also admit it's really hot." I burst out laughing and he shrugged. "How can I help?"

I thought a moment. I was new to this whole revenge blackmail thing. Who was I kidding? I was new to everything. I was in way over my head, but I couldn't back out now. "How good are you at taking pictures?"

He grinned and I couldn't help but smile back. He didn't answer, he just leaned over and kissed me. His hand was on my thigh slowly rubbing it. One small touch and he had my head spinning. I wrapped a hand around the back of his head trying to pull him closer to me. I needed to feel his skin on mine. I placed my hand on his thigh and moved it upwards. He moaned which sent me into a frenzy. His fingers brushed my heat and I whimpered. His hand slid up my stomach, and I was disappointed, but still swimming with excitement. I kissed him harder and our tongues met. It was like a jolt of electricity. His hand came up to my throat and dipped inside my shirt. My heart was racing so fast. I don't think I could ever get enough of this man. I was seriously addicted. We broke apart and we were both breathless.

"Where did that come from?" He panted.

"You kissed me." I said smiling.

"I always want to kiss you."

"Ditto." I giggled.

"Ditto? Do people even say that anymore?" He laughed.

He was making fun of me! "Hush." I playfully smacked his shoulder.

"So what's the plan for Misty?" He grinned slyly,