Chapter Four

Brandon

"What the hell Natalie? I tried to push her off me.

"What?" She said sickly sweetly. "When I heard about the accident I was so worried, I had to come and see if you were okay. I love you." She tried to kiss me again, but this time I turned my head and pushed her alway.

"Natalie enough." I said sternly. "You came, I'm fine, now go."

"But honey..." I hate pet names.

"We broke up. We actually were never really dating. Now please leave."

She pouted, "But I thought the accident would..."

I cut her off "What? That it would make me forget you're an overbearing possessive jealous psycho?"

"You don't mean that." She sniffed. Great more waterworks. She could turn them on at a drop of a hat, and I usually fell for it, but not this time. Not when I had Alex. Well I pretty much fucked that up before it even started. I wasn't giving up though.

"Yes I do, so cut the dramatics, I'm not falling for it this time."

She came closer again "I can make you happy" she purred, running her hand down my thigh. Once she came close to my midsection that's when I slapped her hand. At one time I would have loved her brazen actions, but not anymore.

"What's wrong?" She was clearly hurt by my actions, and although I didn't actually want to hurt her I wasn't about to let he have her way again.

"We're over. I'm sorry. Please leave."

"Is that hussy isn't it?" She huffed.

"Hussy?" I was confused.

"That little tramp that was here. She probably planned the whole thing." She hissed.

"Drop it Natalie. This has nothing to do with her, we are over."

"Your dropping me for some girl? She is clueless and will never make you happy."

"No, you didn't make me happy."

"I know how to please you." She attempted to say seductively, but it made me cringe. "She will be nothing but a huge disappointment. She's nothing."

That was the last straw. "Just because you are a slut and know how to give a good blow job, doesn't mean you ever made me happy." I fumed "now get the fuck out."

"You'll regret this Brandon!" She screamed and walked out.

I was filled with regret, but not for kicking her out, for Alex seeing me kiss her back. It was only a second, but I could see the hurt in her eyes. This woman had a lifetime of hurt, and I added to it. She finally decided to come out of her shell and I fucked it up. I was furious with myself. I didn't know if I could fix it, but I was going to try.

After all that drama I was exhausted and needed to rest. I secretly hoped it would all work itself out by the time I woke up, and Alex would be here with me. I knew better though. I've never had to work this hard for a woman. I've never been rejected by a woman. This was a new feeling for me, and I didn't like it one bit.

My parents said they would be back this evening, and I actually hoped no one else would stop by, well except Alex. I thought back to earlier before Alex arrived when those two cops were here.

Earlier...

"Hello Brandon" the older one said "My name is Officer Carter and this is Officer Hall" he gestured to the younger one who appeared to be
glaring at me. "How are you feeling?"

"Little sore, but not bad." I said staring back at Hall. He can glare all he wants he is not even the slightest bit intimidating.

"Good. If you're up to it, we'd like you ask you a few questions about the accident?" Carter continued. Hall pulled out a notebook, yet still said nothing.

"Sure." Not like I had a choice.

"Want to start by just telling us everything you remember?"

"Okay. Well I was stopped at a red light, so I decided to check my phone." Hall scoffed "Ya I know, not suppose to text and drive, but I was stopped so I couldn't see the harm. So I was answering my brother, and I looked up and saw a smoking hot blonde on a bike beside me." Hall slammed the chair. Now I get it. He had a thing for Alex. I smiled. This could be fun.

"She seemed to be staring at me." I continued "So I stared back. Then the light turned green, and she sped off. I paused a few moments then I started to drive. I heard a loud truck and by the time I looked up he was smashing into me. I must have been knocked out, but when I woke up there was a beautiful angel helping me. Alex." I smiled remembering waking up to her beautiful half naked body.

Hall's voice broke me out of my revere. He was clearly annoyed. "So when you heard the truck, did it seem like it was accelerating?"

That was an odd question. I closed my eyes and tried to remember, but ya now that I thought of it "ya it did kind of sound like he was flooring it." I paused "but that would mean..."

"We found skid marks from the truck that appeared as though the truck accelerated through the red light." Carter interrupted.

"You think he hit me on purpose?" I asked incredulously.

"Well we don't know for sure." He admitted "there are a lot of factors we don't know. The driver could have been under the influence or maybe his truck malfunctioned." He didn't seem like he believed either scenario.

"You know it was a he?" I asked

"Actually we don't know that either."

"Did you see the driver?" Hall asked me.

"No I didn't. I think his windows were tinted." I replied.

"Ya that was what Alex said too." Hall said more to himself. First name basis. I didn't like the sound of that.

"Do you have any idea who would do this?" Carter asked curiously.

"You mean, anyone who wanted to run me over with a truck?" I asked "No. Not that I can think of."

"Jealous girlfriend or husband perhaps?" Hall asked smugly.

"I don't date married women officer" which was sort of he truth. I had slept with some, but I had never dated one. "And I keep my women happy." I added to be a dick. Why was I doing this? If him and Alex were friendly he would surely tell her these things, and he would tell her how pompous I was being. I couldn't help it. Stupid male ego.

"Whatever." He replied in a huff. I could see his partner trying to hide a smile.

"Well I think that's all we need for now. If you can think of anything else, give us a call." Carter said as he was leaving the room with Hall following behind him. I was glad they were leaving.

They stopped in the doorway and I thought they were coming back in until I saw what stopped them. It was Alex. She looked even more beautiful today and I was so happy she came back. I honestly didn't think she would. The three of them were talking lowly. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but it was clear Hall wasn't happy she was here. She flashed him a smile and he instantly softened. I felt a pang of jealousy that I have never experienced before. I wanted to get up and tell him to stay away from my girl. But I couldn't. I couldn't get up, and she wasn't my girl. Not yet. They talked a few more minutes and then I saw her give him a big hug. Just when I didn't think I could feel worse I did. I was scowling when she came in, but I couldn't help but smile when she looked at me. I would do anything for this girl and she didn't even know it.

And I fucked it up. That thought brought me back to the present. I needed to get out of this hospital and find Alex and fix things because I was pretty sure she wasn't coming back. That thought depressed me more than anything else. My ribs were sore, but I welcomed the pain. I caused my angel to hurt, so I deserved this. I just hoped it wasn't too late to fix it and make her believe I would never hurt her again.