Chapter One

Beep....beep...beep....beep...

I lazily roll over and turned off my alarm. I stretched my arms and back and winced. I was going to have to make my shower extremely hot, or I was going to be sore all day. I rubbed my shoulder trying to ease the tension, but it didn't help. I was used the pain, but some days were harder than others.

I got out of bed and made my to the bathroom. I shut the door and immediately turned the water on full blast. The mirror fogged up quickly which was good because if it didn't i would have stared at my reflection all day in disgust. The tattoo on my shoulder and arm covered the scars, but I could still see them. The tattoo was a dragon, beautifully done, with flames coming out of her mouth. The flames covered the bright red scars. Still burning.

I shudder and hop in the shower. It's scorching hot, but I welcome the pain. I stay in there until the hot water runs out. I get out skin hurting from the hot water, but my shoulder feels better. I blow dry my long blonde hair and put it up in a ponytail. No point in styling it because I ride a motorcycle and the helmet would ruin any it anyway. I throw on my skinny black jeans and a white top with the word love written on it which made me chuckle.

I worked at a used bookstore called A Page in Time and it was owned by an older man named Tim. I walked into his shop five years ago to escape a rain storm. He could tell I was homeless, and he saw something in me that I still don't see. He gave me a job and helped me get this apartment. He even helped me finish high school. He was the father I never had and didn't deserve, but I appreciated everything he did for me. He was always bugging me to go on dates and fall in love, so he was going to love my shirt. It's not that I didn't believe in love, I loved reading romances, and I loved Tim, but I never wanted to fall in love, not again. It took me a year to tell Tim what had happened to me, and I never told anyone else and I wanted to keep it that way.

I finished my outfit with some knee high boots and grabbed my bag and helmet and headed out the door. I was relieved it was warm out because I had forgotten my sweater upstairs and I really didn't feel like trotting up three flights of stairs to get it. I got on my bike and instantly felt better. I started it up and started to ride. I felt free. I felt pure. If only when I was riding. It took me about fifteen minutes to get to work, I didn't live far.

I was about three blocks away from work when I pulled up beside a beautiful Porsche convertible at a red light. The car was amazing, but what was even more incredible was the sex god driving it. He had dark brown hair styled perfectly. He was wearing a black pinstriped suit with a pink shirt. There was something extra sexy about a man who was brave enough to wear pink. He was texting and smirking which showed off his cute dimple. I'm glad my helmet was tinted because I couldn't look away. He was beautiful. He looked up from his phone and gave me a full out smile. I bet he melted many women's hearts with that smile. I nodded slightly, and tried to ignore the butterflies in my stomach.

The light turned green and I sped off as quickly as I could. He stirred something inside me that I thought was dead, and that terrified me. I glanced behind me to catch one more glimpse of the Porsche god before leaving him in my dust forever. I looked back just in time to see a large black truck smash into him. I quickly turned around and lept off my bike and ran to him. I glanced up at the truck as it was reversing and then it drove away. I caught the license plate though. 402 ABW.

He was unconscious and covered in blood. I scanned his car and found his iPhone on the passenger seat. Thank god for Otter boxes. I dialed 911.

"911 how can I help you?"

"Yes, I'm at the corner of 8th and Cumberland. A man has been in an accident and needs help. Please hurry." I pleaded.

"What's your name mam, and how bad are his injuries?"