Chapter 18

This time, I boarded the bus without any enthusiasm, just emptiness and avoiding everyone. When I sat down Sadie sat beside me with a huge sigh, followed by Bonnie, Sam, and Lila.

"Okay, I don't know how it works in the U.S. but down in Ponce, we don't back away when someone we like is going to kiss them," Lila exclaimed while looking at me very confused.

"Its not that I didn't want to, its that I promised I wouldn't," I explained to her and she looked at me with a very shocked expression.

"Who would you promise that to?" she asked, dumbfounded.

"Hallie Walters," I whispered then Bonnie, Sam, And Lila all gasped like one of those cheesy soap operas, except Sadie who just sat there looking mischievous but also contemplative as she read what looked like a dictionary.

"Why would you promise her something like that? Did she threaten you?" Sam asked while standing up to get a better look at Miss Walters.

"No, she didn't threaten me, she just asked if I back off, and I complied. All I'm doing is giving her the same courtesy I would hope she would give me," I told them honestly.

"I doubt that girl would give a two cents about your feelings if it were the other way around," Bonnie reasoned.

"Well, now she may not even give me the time of day considering she saw the hug Niall gave me," I told them and they all smiled as if it were planned, but I doubt they could plan a hug.

"It doesn't matter what she saw, but I can tell you she did see a boy initiate a hug and his pupils dilate which means he most definitely has a thing for little Miss Wyoming," Lila rhymed getting all of us to let out a laugh.

"Okay, one. I'm sure she couldn't see his pupils dilate from that far away, yet I also don't know how that is relevant, and two. He initiated the hug because he was apologizing, that's it," I reasoned with them.

"Okay apologizing or not, he started it. It's all in Cosmo, initiating contact and dilating pupils are like in the top ten tell tale signs a boy is into you," Bonnie explained while pulling out that exact issue. I hesitantly took it fromm and read over the article while Sadie randomly interrupted our talk.

"Did you know ponce in British slang means poser?"

"What do you mean?" Lila asked obviously wondering why her home town was being associated with the word poser.

"Oh, in this British slang dictionary it says ponce means poser," Sadie responded coolly showing Lila the definition.

"Why do you have a British slang dictionary?" Samantha asked looking at Sadie inquisitively.

"Hey, sometimes when Louis is talking I completely lose him and we speak the same language! So I decided I would read through this so I could keep up," she replied while looking down shyly with a smile.

"Aw, that is so extremely cute Sades," I told her while hugging her shoulders and she perked up.

"You know, you all should give it a read through, you know, once we're all dating our dream guys," she said while looking at all of once.

"Right, because that is definitely going to happen," Lila said looking defeated and we all turned to her.

"Okay, so he has a girlfriend, listen to the advice you gave me about Niall, I should fight for him if I want him," I said convictingly and hopefully believable.

"And know that if it doesn't happen to be Zayn then there are a million amazing guys who want to date a hot, dirty-blonde, from Puerto Rico," Bonnie added while trying a Spanish accent while saying 'Puerto Rico' making all of us laugh, she definitely should never try to roll her 'r's again.

Then we all started commenting on British slang that we had to use in everyday conversation like gobsmacked, sod off, and tosser. Of course we began testing it out each other using them and others in ridiculous sentences like "that tosser needs to sod off, I mean it is obvious he's on the pull."

Finally we arrived at the arena where they released us to go find some food. When we were finally released from the bus, which Sadie and Sam now call the hell hole, we jay walked through a vacant street over to a small deli. It looked pretty closed, which would've been easy to see if it wasn't storming outside. Bonnie peered in the dark windows and said she didn't see anything moving and we'd best go find some place else. Some of us had began heading back towards the main street while Lila took one last look and screamed in terror completely backing away from the window.

We came running back to check on her when we arrived the door to the deli was opening and Lila was holding a hand to her startled heart.

"Lila are you okay?" Bonnie asked as soon as we got to her. She nodded while heaving and digging through her bag.

"What happened?" I asked her again, but she held he point finger up to me signaling to 'hold on.' Finally, she found he inhaler in that bottomless pit she calls a bag and put it to her mouth and sucked in and gave a good breath out.

"Hey," Lila started shaky, "sorry to give you all a scare, I just saw someone pass the window and it scared me half to death and then the owner came out and invited me in."

"Yeah, sorry to scare you ma'am. I'd be glad to serve you and your friends at half price," he offered looking really sincere.

"So, what do you guys think?" Sam asked us grinning and already heading towards the door. We all followed her in and looking around it was a cute little sandwich shop, very antique with wooden floors and quilted windows. It reminded me of a stereotypical grandmother house.

After ordering some hoagies we decided it be best to take them to go and headed back to the buses. When we arrived there was a crowd surrounding something. I looked at all the girls very confused then noticed only females were surrounding something, which could only indicate one thing. I bumped Lila's shoulder who got the attention of Bonnie and so on down the line.

"Who knew they create such a commotion," I commented.

"Oh trust me, this has to be how it is for every show, they are world famous now," Sadie said. Then they unexpected happened. A girl turned and saw us and she said something to a friend who got the attention of some other girls. Then more and more turned our way jogging up to us and I was getting quite nervous.

"Aren't you the girls who were hanging out with One Direction in New York?" one asked over the murmur of the crowd that seemed to be surrounding us.

"That's them!" someone shouted over the mass and soon we were swarmed. I couldn't see straight and people were asking all sorts of questions like "what happened to your eye" or "are you dating one of the boys." It was complete madness. It seemed as though every time I thought I had dig my way to the outside, more people were there. Soon, someone linked arms with me and I noticed it was Bonnie so I smiled gratefully at her while we all pushed and shoved to get out. Samantha finally made a break through and we made a run for the doors that security was kind enough to open however not to save us.

After what I felt like was our brush with death I noticed our heavy breathing was not alone. Nope, across the way five other guys were breathing just as hard.

"Seems you always gets into these situations," Bonnie directed to Harry. He instead got up and walked over to her and put his arm around her waist and whispered in her ear.

"There is no one else Id rather go through these situations with, than you."

All of the girls were beaming at there moment. Meanwhile the other boys gathered near us.

"So, Samantha. I was wondering if you were free in three days," Liam asked suavely while flicking his hair to the side.

"Well, of course I'm free. Not much to do when you're on tour except tour, right?" Sam asked back while looking to the ground to hide how nervous she was.

"Well, there is something else you could do. I mean, you could go on a date with me," Liam suggested while looking to meet her eyes. She looked up with the biggest smile on her face like she just woke up Christmas morning to a puppy, although she's Jewish so Hanukkah, then. Either way she looked absolutely thrilled.

"So..." Liam inquired waiting for a solid answer although her reaction pretty much gave it away.

"Of course," Sam replied a little more calm than I expected.