Endless

I tried writing you a poem.

I tried to capture a fraction of your beauty, your eyes, your smile, your mind in my ink and print it on the page.

But I couldn't.

I wrote and I tore and wrote and tore because nothing screamed you. Nothing was eloquent enough to be for you and I hated that my most valuable asset failed me. But then it hit me.

I can't write you. 

I can't capture your essence and put it into words, I can't find words to write you, I can't find words worthy enough to describe you. I can't put your soul, your smile, your eyes, your love into a few mere words. You're too endless for that.

You're the waterfall, endless, eternal, flowing at a velocity so high, it's breath taking. you're fire, burning brightly, passionate, brave, warm to feel yet burn to touch. You are the air, free, endless, essential, refreshing. You are everything yet everything is not, can not be you because even the endlessness of this Earth can not encompass the magnificence of the being that is you.

So no, I can't write you. You bleed though the words, onto the page, you can't be captured by twenty-six characters of this language. All I can do is capture a minuscule fraction of your being over and over, compile it into a collection but it still won't be enough, It will never be enough, it can't be enough but it's all I can do.

So I dedicate this entire book to you. Your vibrant laugh, blinding smile, your endless love, your beautiful words, I dedicate this all to you.

And I hope you know how much I love you.