Chapter 32

Lorna's POV

   I couldn't believe what was happening right now and worried to death about the others. My friends were caught and all I wanted to know was how and who managed to pull this off. Marcos is driving and I looked in the back to see a sadden John and an unconscious Esme. She almost got us caught with the yelling she was doing, I know she wants her family but getting us caught as well wouldn't help her in the long run. The best thing for us to do is go back home, discuss and plan what we were going to do next.

   "John hey are you OK man," Marcos asked.

   "No, Lauren is in danger with the others, I'm pissed and sad."

   "We'll figure something out, we'll get them out safe and sound don't worry," I told him.

   "I know but I could have done something if I was there."

   "It's not your fault, if you went you would have been captured as well, than you wouldn't be able to help any of them."

   "I just want to get back and plan our next move Lorna."

   "I know we're almost there."

   We continued our journey in silence until we came upon our base. We all got out with John carrying Esme over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He probably wouldn't be carrying her princess style anyways, that's for Lauren. We all entered and went straight for our vault office and waited for the others. It took awhile than we saw Otto, Darya and Skylar enter and Esme started waking up.

   Skylar's eyes were bloodshot red and her cheeks were puffy. She must have cried a lot to look like that. I couldn't imagine watching your mate be captured and not being able to save him. Darya had sad eyes but was comforting her daughter the whole way to their seat. Otto had an angry expression as he finally sat down, but the anger was still there.

Marcos's POV

   "Let's talk about what happened today, Skylar and Darya if your able to," I told them.

   "It was going okay, we were leading them to the power source when solders were marching in the building."

   "Skylar and I warned them, but they all were soon caught and collard so they couldn't use there power."

   "How did they know what we were planning? we kept it between us," I asked.

   "I can answer that," I heard Otto say.

   "Okay explain?"

   "As I was talking to Dr.Campbell he got a call from an individual by the name of Jace Turner. He's head of the police force and an expert of capturing and subduing mutants."

   "Who the hell is he?"

   "To answer your question, he agreed to work with Campbell and the mutants he caught, he agreed to hand them o we to the scientist."

   "To be fucking experimented it on!" John practically shouted.

   "If they do that do my Andy and the others, I'll freeze their balls off before killing them all."

   "Skylar!"

   "Excuse me giggling pissed mom, but my mate and friends are untroubled and who knows what's going to happen to them."

   "I agree I'll help you Skylar."

   "Lorna!"

   "Marcos!"