Chapter 30

Andy's POV

   I woke up next to Skylar and I just stared at her while she slept. After accidentally leaving her behind she yelled and lightly punched me in a arm a couple of times, thank forgave me after our make-out session. I know I'm inexperienced with this since Skylar is my first girlfriend ever, and she will be the only one for me from now in. She told me I was her first as well so we're learning along the way.

   I started thinking about my grandpa who's sleeping on Lauren's bed in our room. Lauren agreed for him to have it and she'll stay with John in his room. I didn't really like that idea much, but I know they agreed nothing will happen until she turns 18. I thought about my family history I just learned yesterday. I couldn't believe that my great grandfather was Andreas Von Strucker, just hearing grandpa Otto confirm it made it all that more real.

   I didn't want to get up just yet so I snuggled into Skylar and fell back asleep. I woke up later to a nightmare and Skylar shaking me trying to wake me up. I looked around frantically and saw grandpa Otto looking curious and worried.

   "Andy are you alright."

   "Yea Skylar just a bad dream."

   "It seemed like more of a nightmare with all that thrashing around you were doing."

   "Really?"

   "She's right we woke up to you and tried waking you in the process."

   "I'm sorry it's just felt so real."

   "Tell us."

   "Our hideout was found by the police and they destroyed it kidnapping and killing everyone they saw."

   "What?"

   "They took the younger mutants putting them into vans with the Trask logo."

   "Son listen, it's just a bad dream everything is alright."

   "But it felt so real, we need to help those mutant stuck there."

   "I agree babe but for now let's get ready and meet the others like planned."

   "Okay, okay, so who gets the bathroom first?"

Lauren's POV

   I was sitting up in bed writing in my journal all that happened to me so far. John was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake him just yet, so I kept myself busy. I agreed to staying with him so my grandpa had a place to sleep, we've been doing it for awhile so I didn't really mind. As I was writing I felt John shift around the bed and stretch before sitting up as well.

   "Morning, what are you doing up so early?"

   "I couldn't fall back asleep so I've been writing in my journal."

   "Can I see what your writing?"

   "Absolutely not its private."

   "Doesn't that make it a diary and not a journal?"

   "Ugh, never mind get ready we need to meet the others."

   "I'm going, I'm going."

   I laughed at him as he got up and went into the bathroom first since he was faster than me. Truth was I had a dream about not being able to protect those I love, and it made me feel useless. I wasn't sure why I dreamed it, but I couldn't sleep after that. I just thought about what I could do to become stronger and protect my friends from those that harmed us. I make shields but it's not good as an offensive attack like Andy's. I know that if we held hands we both would be able to attack and destroy buildings, but I was to scared to even try that again.