Chapter 9

Marco's POV

   I lead the brother and sister to a room where they could stay together. I can see they didn't know what to do with themselves and decided maybe they can train, keep themselves busy. It's hard for kids who had to leave their families because they can't seem to accept them for what they are. As I was walking downstairs I saw John walking around passing out food to the people.

   I walked to him and asked him to give the Strucker kids some food and necessities they will need. He agreed with a smirk on his face and left to do what I asked. I sighed and went walking my room where Lorna was waiting for me. She was so beautiful and amazing and I couldn't be any happier that she was mine. It got me thinking about how we met.

   I was part of the drug cartel and I was in a relationship with a non mutant by the name of Carmen. She was the daughter of my boss and very beautiful. I was used for blowing up things and torturing people for the drug cartel. I became part of the family, but I wasn't proud of what I was doing. I was kicked out by my parents and forced to live on the streets. I had the Cartel to thank for a place to live, eat and money to survive.

   Everything was okay for me until I was called to meet 2 mutants. That was the day I met my best friend John and my girlfriend Polaris. I thought they wanted me to smuggle them across the border but they just wanted to meet and talk. I listened as they asked me to join them in the underground network.

   Of course I turned it down, didn't they understand what I was apart of I just can't leave. It was mostly John who spoke but Lorna finally took a shot at me.

   "You can help people," she told me and I stilled. Is it a coincidence she said the words written on my wrist

   I stayed quite until I finally replied to her statement.

   "Who will help me?" I asked her and I notice her stiffen a bit.

   She looked at me and showed me her wrist smiling. I knew what it would say but I was shocked as hell. I slowly showed her my wrist and we slowly held hands.

   I can't believe what was happening, I had many emotions running through my body. Shock, happiness, contempt and than worry. I was with Carmen but I didn't really love her because I guess deep down I was hoping for my soul mate. I told them to give me 2 days to decide and they could stay close by. They both agreed and left saying they will meet me Soon.

   I was laying in the mansion I was staying at with Carmen and her father. I was laying in bed when I heard my locked window being open. I sat up and saw Lorna floating in front of the window before entering.

   "How did you do that and what are you doing here?"

   "Chill I Control metal it's my power, besides I wanted to see where you stayed."

   "You can get caught you should leave."

   "Don't you want to talk about the whole soul mark and soul mate thing that happened today."

   "Yes but now isn't a good time there are guards and cameras around the premises."

   "I control metal trust me I can get around here with out being caught."

   "Well let's go somewhere then to talk."

   "Come on I'll float you down that way it's easier to sneak off."

   I saw her levitate a metal door and told me to get on. I did and with her powers she lowered me to the ground. I was memorized because of how beautiful she looked while using her power. She levitated herself down and than we set off to find a place to talk.