Chapter 4

Andy's POV

   I woke up to the sun's ray hitting my face. When I open my eyes I noticed Lauren wasn't next to me. I got up looked around and saw the hobos smiling crookedly at me. I walked around to find Lauren and saw her coming out from the side of the bridge.

   "I had to go pee so go now before we leave to find some food," she told me when she reached me.

   "Okay wait for me here I'll be quick, and don't talk to anybody," I told her before walking away to do my business.

   I went to where I saw Lauren come from and tried to hurry so I can get back to her. As I finished I walked back when I notice 3 bums around my sister and she looked uncomfortable. I jogged to where she was and heard the last part of their conversation.

   "Come on you need help and so does your brother, all we asked is for some payment," I heard what looked to be the leader say.

   "Lauren what's going on who the hell are they," I asked and stood beside her pushing her behind me.

   "Ah the brother we're just trying to work out a business deal is all," the fat guy on the left said.

   "Then tell me what you want so we can leave."

   "Okay we let you stay here, eat, and have blankets and pillows, but we want your sister to tend to our needs."

   I saw him smile showing his ugly yellow and broken teeth. I got angry because of what he was suggesting like I will ever let them near her. I saw a skinny guy in a thick blue jacket looking at my sister with lust filled eyes. I felt Lauren touch my shoulder and speak.

   "Let's just go we need to find somewhere else to stay and get food."

   "Your not going anywhere until we get what we need from you girlie," the leader of the group said to her.

   "Hey speak to me not her, and move away before I make you," I told him in anger.

   That's when his other 2 goons surrounded us and stalked forward.

   "What's a kid like you going to do, now move so we can get to your sister"

   With that said my emotions got the better of me again and this time I let it instead of stopping it. I put both my arms in front of me, made my hands close in and released a shock wave. It pushed everyone away from me and tore apart half of the bridge. I turned and saw Lauren with a shield around her, protecting her from my power.

   "Come on let's go before it collapses on us," I heard her say as she covered us both as we ran.

   We ran for what I think was 1 mile until we slowed down trying to catch our breath. I looked around and notice we stopped at a hotel. I turned towards Lauren who was still trying to catch her breath. I forgot she wasn't a runner like me.

   "Are you okay, you shouldn't have had to deal with those perverts," I told her.

   "I'm okay really, I'm glad you were there who knows what would have happened if you weren't."

   I hugged her and looked around to see where we go from here.

Lauren's POV

   I remembered waking up and seeing Andy still sleeping. I wanted to stay there until he awoke but I really needed to go pee. So I reluctantly got up and noticed as I was looking for a spot to go, a group of smiling hobos were pointing at me. I shivered but ignored it and went to do my business.

   When Andy woke up and went to do his business I stayed in our spot waiting for him so we can go. That's when the guys from before walked up to me and spoke to me.