Chapter 26

Lauren's POV

I woke up with arms wrapped around me tightly. Lately Andy and I have been sleeping with our mates and only sometimes we would sleep in our own rooms. I looked up and saw the strong masculine face of John. I brought my hand to slowly caress his face and think about us.

I have two and a half weeks until I'm 18 and it's getting harder for me to not kiss him. He has been supporting me and hasn't once tried to make a move on me yet since I told him not too. It showed me his loyal and caring character by respecting my wishes. I know he doesn't want to wait to make it official but he's doing it for me so I'm comfortable with the idea.

I let out a sigh and said to myself it's just a little longer we can wait. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt his hands caress my face back. I looked into his eyes and saw his dark brown eyes look through me. It's crazy but I think he can see into me and knows what I'm thinking. We just laid there for a bit staring at one another waiting for someone to break the silence.

"Lauren your making it hard for me not to kiss you right now," he said.

"Why is that?"

"Because your projecting your feelings into me and that's what woke me up."

"Oh I'm sorry," I replied with a blush.

"You have no idea how beautiful you look right now."

"Seriously I bet my hair looks like a birds nest."

"No it doesn't but we should get ready before I do something I shouldn't." He told me with his smoldering eyes.

I blushed a bright pink and slowly got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom first. I took a 5 minute shower since we can't take one for longer than that. I dressed, brushed my hair and teeth and left the bathroom. As I entered the room I saw John shirtless getting ready to take his shower.

I was so stunned by his abs and his muscles. I know he was big but I just didn't know how much. He was in the army so it's understandable why he is so fit, but I couldn't look away. John turned and noticed me staring and he gave me a sexy smirk. He walked passed me and I finally was able to move when I heard the door closed.

I sat on the bed and waited for him to be done. I realized he wanted me to see him like this to get a reaction from me. It worked because I hated to admit it but I was a bit aroused by him. It took him about 15 minutes to be ready and we both left his room. That's when it hit me about what was going to happen today. Today Andy's and mine parents are going to be out of our lives for good. I was getting second thoughts about going through with this but I stopped. They had their chance and they blew it by hurting all these mutants who are staying with us. I feel sad but this was for the best.

Andy and I spoke about this but not out loud. It was weird we just looked into each others eyes and knew what we wanted. I couldn't explain it but it felt we were connected in a way that no other siblings were if I think about it. We walked into the room where my parents were in the cell. Nobody but us were here yet so we decided to wait. Mom noticed me first and brought my dad towards me.

"Lauren baby it's good to see you," mom said to me.

"I'm sure it is."

"Lauren listen we just wanted you to know how much we love you and your brother," dad said next.

"We can't change what we did but I hope you can forgive us and give us a second chance," my mom finished.

I wanted to cry but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I love them their my parents but I just couldn't bring myself to forgive them. John sensed my struggle and put his arm around my waist bringing me closer to him.