Chapter 22

Lauren's POV

   I was hanging out in my room again looking through a romance novel. Andy left awhile ago after waking me up for breakfast to hang out with Skylar. I knew John came by so I decided to wait here invade he showed up again. I was really bored and I wanted something to do to pass time a lot quicker. I heard knocking so I answered the door to find John.

   "Hey Lauren I just wanted to come and say goodbye and I'll see you later on."

   "What do you mean?where are you going?"

   "On a mission to help transfer more refugees here."

   "Really were about to be overflowed with more people than we have room for."

   "Yes but when mutants are in need of help we answer, it's why the X-Men chose us."

   "Well I'm going to die of boredom until you come back, I have a need to help and do something."

   "Maybe you can, I can ask Marcos and see if you can tag along."

   "Really wouldn't I just be in the way?"

   "No in case something goes wrong your shields can help us out."

   "Well only if it's okay with Marcos."

   "Right don't worry I'll protect you if anything goes wrong."

   "My hero."

   I left the room with John and we waited outside by the van. We just talked about how our lives were like before being on the run and helping others. We notice Marci's walk out from the building and headed straight towards us. I knew I was supposed to let John do the talking so I stood to the side and remained quite.

   "Saying good bye to Lauren I hope."

   "Actually I was wondering if she could come along with us?"

   "We have a lit of people to transfer why do you want Lauren to come we have enough with just the 2 of us."

   "True but she wants to help and if the sentinels are close, she can protect us by putting up the shields."

   "We have no time to argue right now both of you get in and let's hurry."

    We drove for 30 minutes until we stopped in what looked like a junk yard. At first I thought this was the place, but I only saw 1 man walk up to the car. We all got out and Marcos went to talk to him. After a couple of seconds they motioned us to follow them, and we did until we stopped in front of a medium sized truck.

   "This truck has a fake license plate and could Cary about 30 people inside the back."

   "Thanks Rick this will help a lot we'll take it," Marcos told the guy.

   Rick than gave him the keys and we all entered the front part of the truck. Marcos said someone will get us a new car, but this will be better for transferring people unnoticed. We drove and we all talked along the way.

   I found out Marcos and Lorna have been together for 7 years. It just reminded me of what having a soul mate would be like. I also found out they were pregnant and that was the reason he didn't take Lorna. I thought about how protecting their baby would be important from now on. We continued to talk until we all started joking around.

   I was flirting with John as well and Marcos seemed it was perfect to make fun of us. We all got along pretty well barely knowing about each other. Marcos seemed to act like an older brother to younger mutants in his care. He would make a great father just from his personality and need to help others.