Chapter 1

I cautiously lifted my hand out and touched the metal bar of my cage. It's length went up to the ceiling. Thousands of times, I've thought about bending the bars and climbing out. But I knew it was impossible. Being in here for 3 years, you tend to use a lot of strategies to escape, but none of them worked.

Any second now...

 It was about seven AM and Julian would be down here any second. He would come down the creaky stairs first. Then he'd take me out of the cage and put me against the wall where he'd start to punch me. Or maybe he'd use another method, he had so many.

Of course I would try to fight back but even though I was a werewolf, my body was weak. He would over power me in a split second. And there were times when I didn't even want to fight back, because I knew he'd hurt me even more.

I was tortured everyday. And I couldn't stop it.

I've always wished that maybe if I went to sleep, the next day I wouldn't wake up, ever. But it never happened, my wish didn't come true. All I wanted was an escape, freedom, for someone to help me. But nobody did. The pack members knew I was down here and what their Alpha did to me, but they never stopped it. What kind of werewolves would let their Alpha's mate suffer?

The basement door creaked open and I heard his heavy footsteps. He hummed happily to himself as if he couldn't wait to torture me. Knowing Julian, he probably was. Sick bastard.

"Ah, Raven you're awake." He said as soon as he got in front of the cage. I stared into his piercing evil eyes and glared. Please just go away, I chanted in my head.

I wanted to lash out. I wanted to talk back to him. But If I did, he would just punish me more. It wasn't worth it anymore. I still remembered my second day in the basement. I screamed at him, called him sick, I even clawed at his face when I got near. I couldn't do that anymore, I felt like I couldn't handle more pain.

"So what shall we do today." He said, pacing the basement.

Nothing. Let's not do anything today, I thought. I prayed that he would have to go somewhere and that he'd leave me here. He was Alpha and occasionally he had important things to do. He sometimes left me here while he worked, and when he did, I would be extremely happy.

Reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out a small key and inserted it in the lock of the cage. With one twist of the key, the cage opened. The cage was pretty big inside so he could fit in. Sometimes he'd torture me inside it instead of outside in the basement.

I stood up from the ground and ran to the corner of the cage. Running was hard since my body hurt so much. But I had to do my best, he was coming for me, and he looked pissed. It was the same look he got right before he tortured me. And I didn't even do anything to make him mad.

I guess my existence pissed him off.

He stood right in front of me and suddenly slammed me painfully against the wall. Pain shot up my fragile back and I let out a strangled whimper. "Please." I whispered.

He chuckled. Looking straight into my eyes he said, "Begging isn't going to get you anywhere, you should've learned that by now. And yet you still do it."

But begging and lashing out felt like the only thing I had left to defend myself. "S-stop." I stuttered. I remembered all those times he cut my body and drew blood. All those times he slapped me over and over. All those times I laid my head down on the floor and sobbed. All those times where I screamed for help.

"Stop!" I yelled fiercely in his face. His gray eyes turned to black and I knew what came next, wouldn't be good. He lifted his hand and I flinched.

He slapped me using all his strength. My head collided with the wall, and I felt heaps of blood dripping rapidly down my back. Had he broken parts of my skull? I wanted to reach out and dig my nails inside his chest. But I couldn't, because the energy had been struck right out of me. I desperately tried to keep my eyes open, but they started fluttering and soon I fell to the floor, clutching my forehead.

It's alright, Raven. Go to sleep.

Sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep.

Hey guys. I hope you like this book so far :) I started a new one recently, and if you want you can check it out while you wait for this story to update. It's called Crimson Bodies.

Description: She heard the bloodcurdling scream from across the lake. It was hoarse, laced with fright, and she could tell it was feminine. Ilene got up from the grass, ready to sprint away from the sound, when she realized the scream was human.

_________________________________________________________

It was a field trip, gone horribly wrong.

Ilene woke up in her tent. It was morning. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, and the sounds of screams were slicing through the humid air as dead bodies fell to the ground. There were two precise holes in their necks, and every single one of them were painted with blood.