Chapter 14

Athea led us to a room that was on the same floor as my parents'. It was very large, and consisted with beds for each individual witch. There was an empty shelf, waiting to be filled. We sat at a circular table. Athea and I sat together on the table while the others were on the opposite side of us.

"Now, Raven, we don't know much of what happened to you while you were with Julian. What we do know is that he's your mate, your father already explained that to us," I slightly frowned. That was personal. Why would my father tell them that?

"We know you were kept for three years also, and of course that you're the Ayrle Phoenix." One of the twins added.

"That's all true," I replied.

"Alright. But we need to know about the specifics. What really went on when you were with him," Linda spoke. I sighed and rubbed my knuckles. Here we go, I thought. Time to reveal everything.

My sight caught on Emily, the little girl. I didn't want her to know. She was just a child, it would scar her for life. I didn't need to ruin her innocence.

"What I'm about to say isn't really suitable for children," I gestured at Emily, who had her eyebrow raised in question. "I think it would be best if Athea took her outside while we talked," I said carefully, trying not to hurt the little girls feelings. I noticed that I failed at it, since her bottom lip trembled a bit.

"Of course, it's fine," Linda agreed. Athea got up the same time as Emily. Athea held her hand and started to walk to the entrance of the room. "I'm just going to stay outside with her. You can tell me the story later right?"

 I bit my lip. "Sure,"

I turned back to the four witches. Linda, the twins, and the girl with blue highlights, whom I still didn't know the names of. I guess I'd ask later.

And so I started from the beginning.

"My mate kidnapped me, it's as straight up as that," I whispered, feeling my voice raise with every word. Feelings of rage and anger were coursing through me. "He wasn't gentle, nor was he kind. His words were rude and his grip was bruising,"

A flutter of gasps sounded around me. I smirked down at the table. They couldn't believe my mate would do that to me.

"I don't understand- Isn't he your mate?" The girl with streaked hair asked, her green eyes clouded with confusion.

"Yes, he is,"

"Then why the hell would he do that?" One of the twins fumed. Her eyebrows were scrunched up together and plain rage was written on her face.

"I'm getting to it," I replied, calmly. She nodded. 

All four of them were confused, and I could see why. A werewolf couldn't hurt his mate, it just wasn't possible. Their wolf wouldn't let them. Werewolves loved their mate, too bad mine didn't, and that puzzled them all.

"He injected a drug in me-"

"You have to be kidding me!" Both the twins said in unison.

"I'm completely serious," I said, meeting there eyes.

I noticed Linda staring at the table, with a blank face. I could see her thinking hard about what I've said so far. It didn't make any sense to her, and she was trying to decipher it all. I could practically see the gears moving in her head. But I wasn't sure that she would figure out my mate's body was possessed.

"He took me to his pack house, where he lived. I was kept in the basement and rarely brought upstairs. He- I-" And this was where my voice started to crack with pain. The girl with blue streaks squeezed my hand, and I ripped it away from her, as if I got shocked by electricity.