Chapter 17

I woke up in the basement.

My head was pounding and I rubbed my forehead continuously to dim it down. There was darkness in every corner of the room, and I realized I was laying down inside the cage. 

Panicking, I got up to stand. Oh god, oh god, oh god. Is this one of those unusual dreams? Or... am in the basement for real? No... this had to be a dream, there was no way that I was in the basement in real life. It was impossible. 

Everything was so much more vivid. Everything also had a tint of blue and purple and it was more brighter. When I was in Celia's castle, My senses were a bit blurry or things seemed a bit hazy. But in this dream everything was crystal clear. If I looked on the wall, I could see every piece of dust. Or if I looked at the cage bars, I could see the small coats of rust, even though it was extremely dark.

Either, the dream was more vivid because I had become the Ayrle Phoenix, or because I actually knew the basement inch by inch, making everything more clearer to me. Or it could be both reasons. That's the thing, I just don't know. I'm never sure of anything.

Another odd thing I noticed was the fact that my body was not sore at all. I shouldn't be able to stand up, after all the trauma I went through. Perhaps I had healed because of the Ayrle Phoenix in me. Or maybe you just didn't feel physical pain in these types of dreams.

Why was I even here? My mother had said that I only come in these dreams involuntarily when my mind had something important to show me. 

All of a sudden, I realized something important. While I was in the basement, my body was lying in a field, naked. I was alone out there, and temperatures were dropping. I could still remember the ice cold wind slicing through my skin.

Could I die out there? I was a werewolf- No, an Ayrle Phoenix. I wouldn't be able to die so easily now would I? I don't think so... but I knew I could lose consciousness, and my whole body could possibly freeze. It was extremely cold out there, meaning that snow could possible come. I'd seen rain clouds.

I had to get up from the field.

I had to get back to my body. I couldn't leave myself out there! But I had no clue how to get back. I had to try, though. 

But not in here. Not in the basement, where all my scars started.

I cursed out loud when I saw that the cage door was locked. But then, I smiled when I remembered that I could walk through objects, just like a ghost.

I slipped my hand through the bar and felt a tingling sensation. Wow, this could have been useful about three years ago.

I walked across the basement to get to the awaiting stairs. I hugged my arms as I walked, as memories came flooding through me. All of them had Julian in them.

Ellie and him, torturing me with the hot poker.

When I looked at a dent on the floor, I remembered when he slammed me to the ground and my nose had started bleeding profusely. It went on for hours, and he wouldn't give me a towel to soak up the blood, so instead I had to sit in a pool of it while holding my nose.

I stopped and stared at the spot where Julian had held me. No where the real Julian held me, not the sadistic one.

I closed my eyes, trying to remember the feel of his hands on my skin. Tears brimmed in my eyes and I bit down hard on my lip to refrain from letting out a choked sob.

I'm wasting time, I told myself. Keep the goal in focus. I have to get to my body. With that, I headed towards the stairs.

As soon as I raised my foot to step on the stair, I realized something. Would my foot go through? I went through everything else, walls, doors, so why not stairs?