Chapter 18

When I first woke up, I didn't open my eyes. I laid there, panicking. I knew I was being treated because of the beeping noise that was sounding the room. I was hooked up to a heart monitor, I realized.

Man, I got it bad this time.

I contemplated getting up. I could just just stay here for a little while longer... I mean, why face Julian immediately? 

Since I was curious about my surroundings, I peaked through my eyes to see the room. It was a hospital. I was the only patient inside. The room was fairly small, holding only the bed I was laying on. The walls were a blinding white, with the floors a dark cerulean blue. I sensed there was a window beside me, but I didn't turn my head to look at it since it was painful. There was no sunlight, so I automatically assumed it was nighttime.

An IV was hooked to my wrist. My body was patched up with gauze, but luckily there weren't many bandages. I wondered why I was here. It didn't make sense that Julian would bring me to a hospital and not to his pack doctor. Maybe my injuries were so bad and the pack doctor couldn't heal me? But then why would he risk taking me to the hospital? Somebody could recognize me...

I sighed. You know what? Who cares how he even got me to a hospital. I just want to go back to sleep. But when I closed my eyes, I remembered something that I didn't notice before.

Two chairs were leaning against the wall and nobody was sitting in them.

I was alone in the room.

My cue to leave.

I slowly got up, trying my best not to make a single sound. I looked around the room, seeing that there were no cameras that could capture my escape. Thank goodness that there was nobody watching me.

I hobbled to the door. My legs were sore, and I could barely make it across the floor without falling down in a heap. How in the hell was I going to get out of here if I could hardly walk?

I stretched my body, hoping it would do some sort of difference. And it did. 

Opening the door was a task. I wanted to open the door slowly - because it could make a loud creak if I opened it fast - but my arms were shaking. 

I took a deep breath. I can do this.

I opened the door, and came face-to-face with Griffin.

I stared at him, with utter shock written on my face. What. The. Hell. 

"You're awake." He said in a sigh of relief. I couldn't respond. What was he doing here.

"Raven? Why are you looking at me like that?"

I know he wasn't here to rescue me from whichever hospital Julian put me in. He would be ushering me out the door if he was. And he seemed calm, and his green eyes didn't show any alarm. He was acting like everything was fine.

"O-Oh my God." I said as I realized why he was here. He was working with Julian. Shit! It was obvious. I was with Julian and he didn't even care because getting me to him was his intentions all along. In the field - when I was calling for him, he didn't come for me. He was... he was waiting for me to pass out so he could take me to Julian.

"Get away from me." I snarled, backing up so I was more closer to the bed. I eyed the IV stand. 

I ran towards it and ripped off the blood bag, I threw it on the floor and it bursted. Holding the IV stand up, I asked "what are you doing here?"

He raised a brow, confused at my question. "Tell me!" I yelled. I was so damn tired of being in the dark! I swear to God, if he didn't tell me in three seconds I would-

"Why can't I be here?" He spoke, his face all serious.

I laughed. "Are you kidding me right now? Just tell me the truth, Griffin! Stop stalling or else I swear this IV stand will be plunged down your throat."

He crossed his arms while his eyes analyzed me. "We're in your parents' pack house."

I paused.

"Where did you think we were?" He asked, eyes narrowed.

"I thought Julian took me to a hospital..." I whispered, unable to think straight. What- what was happening? "I thought you were here to take me to him..."

"And why would you think that? You've haven't left the territory." 

"Prove it." I said, still not reluctant to believe his words.

He nodded his head towards the window. "Look outside."

And I slowly walked backwards, while holding the IV stand, just incase he was lying. He was right, I saw the familiar parking lot and structure of the pack house through the window.

But it didn't make sense. What the hell was I doing here, I was supposed to be with Julian.

"See?" He spoke, still glued to the same spot. I nodded my head and stared at the floor, not having the courage to look him in the eyes. He probably thought I was crazy.

He walked closer, and immeiatly I tensed up. "Why would you think you were with Julian?"

I was unable to answer. Truthfully, I didn't even know completely. I shurgged, hoping that he would just leave this alone.

"I-I want to see my parents."

Hey guys. I hope you liked this chapter :) I started a new story recently, and if you want you can check it out while you wait for this story to update. It's called Crimson Bodies and I've been working really hard on it. Please leave an honest opinion! I really want to know what you guys think about it so far. And who knows, if I get an awesome response on Crimson Bodies I may even update this book. (I seriously need the motivation to get out of writers block)

Description: She heard the bloodcurdling scream from across the lake. It was hoarse, laced with fright, and she could tell it was feminine. Ilene got up from the grass, ready to sprint away from the sound, when she realized the scream was human.

_________________________________________________________

It was a field trip, gone horribly wrong.

Ilene woke up in her tent. It was morning. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, and the sounds of screams were slicing through the humid air as dead bodies fell to the ground. There were two precise holes in their necks, and every single one of them were painted with blood.