Chapter 13

The first thing I saw when I woke up was a flickering candle on the side table. The warmth of it tickled my face and the strawberry scent emanating from it comforted me.

My throat felt parched and my body was burning hot with sweat. But I wasn't sure it was because of the huge dark brown blanket that covered my body.

I remembered the "dream" and sighed. When Julian was yelling I felt terrified. It felt like he still had a huge grip on me even though we were miles away. I was afraid of the next time I fell asleep. Would he be there, yelling at me and spitting threats?

I got up slowly, and almost broke out into a cry. My body was extremely sore with cramps in my legs and a headache started in my head. Just great.

A knock sounded on the door and my mother barged in. Seeing my clammy skin she rushed to my side. "Why are you sweating so much?" She asked.

"I had one of those dreams I told you about..."

She frowned and cursed. My mother helped me sit on the bed, since I couldn't do it myself. How did my limbs become so sore overnight? I knew I was running the day before but they really shouldn't be this bad.

"What happened in it?" She asked calmly, though I could see she was frustrated. She didn't want me to suffer.

"I was in Celia's castle or whatever it's called. It's my second time going there in a dream. Julian and Celia were fighting, Celia was basically telling Julian to g-get me back," I said, my eyes watering. It hurt to think that he was going to attempt to capture me once more. "They figured out I was eavesdropping. I think - I think because Celia's a witch, she can sense me. And... and when she left the room Julian started y-yelling at m-me..."

I was shaking in fear. Shudders crept up my spine and a single tear fell down my cheek. My mother hugged me tightly while whispering soothing things in my ear.

"We'll learn how to control these dreams as soon as possible. Don't worry, you won't have to see him again. Don't worry Raven, we'll help you," She spoke, running a hand through my hair. I sobbed into her neck, letting all my fear out.

I came out of her embrace and she wiped my tears off with her soft hands. "Let's eat breakfast first, then we'll talk with your father about bringing some witches to the pack house so they can help you control the dreams,"

"Okay," I nodded. "That's fine,"

Except it wasn't fine. Celia was part witch.

We walked down the long stairs and into the kitchen were my father was drinking black coffee. The empty plate in front of him filled with egg residue indicated that he was done eating breakfast.

He looked up from his coffee with a smile, but it wiped off as soon as he saw the state I was in. "What happened?" He said, getting up from his seat and rushing to my aid.

"I had one of those dreams. It scared me a little," Lie. It scared me a lot.

He frowned. "We need to figure out a way to control them,"

"That's what I was saying. Witches perhaps? They know how to," My mother pitched in.

"We'll have to ask them to come here. Raven, do you want them to come today?" My father asked.

"The sooner the better," I replied, then walked to the kitchen table. I was starving, and in need of black coffee of my own. Drinking black coffee might seem a bit too disgusting to people, but it's really not if you add enough sugar to get rid of the sour taste. My dad and I always drank black coffee together in the mornings, it was kind of our thing.