Chapter 2

I was gaining consciousness. I was used to sleeping on a hard floor, but right now I was on a soft warm bed. I sniffed the air a bit, the smell was not one that I recognized.

I tried to open my eyes to see where I was. It was hard to do so, because I was so tired. I expected to have an aching head and body, but instead I just felt numb. That's right, I couldn't feel my body.

My eyes struggled to stay open. I could make out basic shapes, white walls, monitors, needle's poking my skin.

Why was I in a hospital? Usually Julian let me heal on my own. My werewolf gene sped up the healing. So why take me to a hospital?

Using all my strength, I moved my head to the side. Julian was on the chair with his head in his hands. He looked... worried? For me? No... that's impossible. He hated me. He was probably just worried that I would stay in the hospital for a long time, meaning that he'd have to wait to torture me again.

I didn't want to rest, I wanted to stay awake long enough to make an escape plan. But my body betrayed me as my eyes closed shut and I started to dream.

"Raven! Wake up!"

"Hmm... no." I replied, sleepily. I needed 10 more minutes.

"Your mother and I will have to leave you on the train if you don't wake up." I heard my father say. Leave me on the train? What did he mean by a train? Oh! Yes that's right, we were visiting Aunt Trisha so we took the train as our transportation.

I got up, yawning. I blinked a few times to straighten out my vision.

Mom was already grabbing her purse and dad was walking out into the train's aisle. "Are we there yet?" I asked her.

She laughed. "No, this is just a stop. The train is staying here for two hours and the passengers are allowed to go out into Northwright. Your father and I decided to check out some places here. Maybe get some fast food."

"Cool." I replied. I followed my mother out of the train. The weather was beautiful, the sun was out. We met my father who was sitting on one of the benches.

"Where to?" I asked them.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm hungry! How 'bout we head to McDonald's?" My mother said.

"I'm hungry too." I said. My father looked at us both and smiled.

"Okay let's go." He said. I hooked my arm around my moms when we started walking. She gave me a beaming smile.

One of the perks of being a werewolf was that walking for long periods of times, was easy. If we were humans, we'd be panting for breaths right now.

We entered McDonald's and took a seat. My dad ordered the usual for us while me and mom sat on the tables and talked. She asked me about school, friends, and anything else that was going on in my life. Minutes later, the topic came to mates.

"I'm hoping you might your mate when we get to Aunt Trisha's." My mom told me. Most werewolves found their mates at the age of sixteen. I was one year late. My mom said finding a mate was good for me, and she couldn't wait till I found mine. She wanted the best for me.

"Maybe I will, we know that he's not in our pack, so he's somewhere out there." I replied. When I didn't find my mate, the Alpha of our pack rounded up all of the guys in the packs and made me meet all of them, to see if they were my mate. Sadly, none of them were.