Chapter 18 - The Final Chapter

"So, you..." a voice blistered in the air, sizzling and hot. "What did you expect?"

Pressure, in the form of a sordid sickness swarmed my veins. Unable to lift my head, unable to see anything but swirling blotches of colour, I found myself weak and limp. A feeling, much like ice, grapsed both of my wrists, holding me up.

"I won't take pity... god or.... both.... remember what you once were...

The conversation trailed in and out of my ears for what seemed like hours, but the darkness didn't clear from my eyes until silence had gained dominance over its surroundings. Staring across the room, miniscule compared to the ivory pillars around me, my eyes met a faultless throne. Nobody was sat there, but it glistened gold; so rich and exhuberant, I couldn't stare.

I mustered what could only be considered a half effort, pulling on the chains that tunnelled deep into the wall behind me.

A thin, frisky smoke funnelled past my nose. It was rising from my bare skin, which was raw and red, and bleeding. I couldn't feel any pain, it was more of strange static inside me, still screaming, messing up my clockwork functions.

With every breath, I felt my gut shift. Every time I exhaled, I felt my very essense being forced from my flesh. My heart was beating hard, cracking, choking warm blood up my throat. Darkly, spitting it out, it landed on the white marble like polluted rain.

Rifts broke on my arms, deep down to the bone, cracking as simply as an old oak would after a millennium. And, in a strong convulsion, I collapsed to the ground, tearing the chains away from the wall.

Gripping my knees, I examined the wounds that had fractured on my body with wide eyes. At first, trying to stand, I found myself back on the floor; the blood that had bathed my arms had spread there, causing me to slip. There was so much blood.

Wrinkles of heat rippled across my forehead, slowly inflicting a fever which made every movement heavy.

I stepped forward, dragging the chains harshly at my sides. The sand from the caverns was still stuck to my feet coarsely, allowing the blood to cling thickly as I walked through the puddle. Pallid, bleached gargoyles stared down at me from podiums; their eyes seemed to float after me, never blinking, but owning a sense they were alive.

Large, solid doors, identical to the fautless white of the floor without my blood, stood a few feet away. I let my fists crash against them; that sound echoed from wall to wall, even in a grand room such as this. Then, it was silent again.

I felt drained, like my body was giving up on me.

One by one, earth-shattering noises collided with the floor. Behind me, the gargoyles had stepped from their podiums, pounding the floor with the heavy stone feet. Grumbling incoherantly, the need to attack seethed in their grey eyes.

Fire chewed at the side of my face, removing the skin there. Agreeing to deterioate, I felt part of my spine poke through my back, and then sink back in.

One of the gargoyles, closest to me, was about to charge. Out of nowhere, an deep set anger sent the chain on my right hurdling into the creature, detonating it into immediate rubble. The others flew at me, all at high speeds, and with terrible noises.

No challenge for me, or the demon that I was certain was taking control of my body. Upon my desire to get out of the room, the evil weilded my own chains like a master swordsman weilds his blades, leaving no life but us, before turning to the doors with clenched fists.

They opened, revealing a long, straight hallway, completely bare. There was a room at the end. I knew Dean was there. Me and the demon were one; I wanted to find Dean, it found him. With some control behind this power, I wondered what I couldn't do.