Chapter Sixteen: Traitors

Heeeellllooooooo readers! It’s been a very long time since I uploaded, I hope you’ve all still eagerly been waiting the arrival of a new chapter. I am so very sorry with the wait – The amount of work that I’ve had to get through in college, it’s left me no time, motivation, or inspiration for writing. However, my laptop has internet, - happy clapping and cheering sounds -, so I can upload straight through here whenever I finish a chapter, which should mean less waiting time. I am rearing to go, refreshing myself with Dean and James’s messed up love life. It’d be great if you could comment on this chapter to leave me some feedback on the previous chapters and what you think of how the story is progressing.

Ps. Beloved Dean is tossing a nice line in this chapter. Stay tuned.

  - Callum :3 x

Cold raindrops woke me. I could feel them icing against my back as I lay there, waterlogged grass formed in front of my weary eyes. Dean was lying next to me, my hand was locked in his, shaking. His body was so still. “Dean. Dean, wake up! You have to wake up, Dean!”

   “I’m awake,” he croaked, rolling onto his back. He sat up, with confusion turning over in his eyes. “Where are we, James? And why am I soaking wet?”

   “What do you remember?”

   “Remember?” He looked lost. “One minutes you were there, and the next, you weren’t. I can’t remember. What happened?”

   “We got separated. I looked for you, but it took me a while. One of the water tanks exploded, I guess it flooded the place out.”

   “Who’s that?” Dean whispered.

   Behind us, shining as pale as ever against the early morning gloom, Leno was stood there. At first he didn’t move, his reflection was calm in the dark water. Each strand of his hair was dripping, sending the wetness straight over his prevailing eyes.

   Rigid and stiff, he started to splash forward.

   “It’s alright,” I told Dean. “I know him, he helped us escape.”

   I was lying to him. He had helped us escape, but things weren’t okay, but I wasn’t going to make a scene. Dean could never know what Leno had done to me, he’d kill the guy – or more appropriately worded, kill the love stealing incubus. One side of me wanted to do that as well, but he’d saved my life, and if it wasn’t for him, Dean and I would have both died. That was another thing I was going to keep secret. The amount of times the world had already tried to kill both of us… I nothing was going to tear us apart, I didn’t want him to remember anything about the City Of Bones.

   “Don’t you dare say anything!” I hissed, rushing forward. Close to his bare chest, I looked him straight in the eye, breaking through any trance he might put on me. “I mean… please.”

   “I won’t,” Leno said. “For both of our sakes. I don’t want the god of war to want me dead, I’ll keep quiet.”

   “We need to go,” I shouted back to Dean. “It’s not safe in the open like this.”

   Shattering from the darkness of the water, a duo of incubus’s flew towards me. Their hands gripped onto my arms and pulled me back down under the water, where I struggled for freedom. I could only see the distorted haze of bodies moving above the water. Noises riddled above the surface, they sounded so far away whilst I was down there.

   For a moment, I stopped struggling. Down here, in the forsaken depth, unknown to the activity above, I felt like I was in a completely different word. 

   Gargling bubbles out, I felt my company floating away. Or rather, being ripped away.

   “Get the fuck off him,” Dean demanded as I hit the surface, “Who do you think you are, rubbing your skinny ass bodies all over my boy, you motherfucking blood bag!”