Chapter 15: City Of Bones - Part Four

The water bit against our legs, sharp and angry as it was sucked away. It was painful, as if our bodies were being hacked away by the current. All the oxygen had been poached from our lungs. We couldn't see. We couldn't breathe. Everything around us had softened away - our souls were dissapearing into the water around us, draining our flesh of life. I could feel it.

   When I couldn't hold on any longer, I admitted defeat and let our bodies sift through the side of the room.  We surged forward in the waves, dead to the world. Blends of blurred copper and brown passed above us.

   "James! Take my hand, James!"

   Something anchored us from being underwater. The fiery heat forced the breath back into my body ever so slightly, causing me to cough and splutter. Screaming rang in my ears - people were screaming. Everyone was screaming.

   Attempting to move, my bones stinging inside me, I reached out a held Deans bloodless hand. The numbness didn't let me know if he was alive, but if I was about to die, I was happy to be dying next to him.

   Section by section, the city discoloured into darkness.

---

   Guys, my writing block is falling away chunk by chunk. I'm aware this is another small chapter - but these four parts to Chapter Fifteen, will be flattened into one chapter in the final book. Than you for reading, I hope you havn't lost your interest. I'm hoping to buy a laptop soon. Then, I'll be able to write and update a lot more.

---