Chapter Twelve: What Demon Blood Does To You

"Where are we?" I asked.

Looking around, I saw schools of sharks and piranhas swimming in circles, their beady eyes watched me as if I was their next meal.

"Sea World," Blake said, teasing them through the glass. The fish don't bat any eye at him, he's their god after all. "Well, actually, were in a realm inside Sea World. I guess you're wondering why I haven't killed you? Well, I was talking with the other gods, and they believe we've acted too harshly. After all,  none of this is your fault. Your father has already been punished for his part."

   "What have you done to my father?" I was standing, thinking through all the things I wanted to do to him if he'd hurt my father.

"I haven't done anything to your father. In fact, I'm not even sure what Hades has done to him. However, I'm interested in you. The other gods have given up, but, I see no reason why I have to. You're a good looking boy "

"Well, that's very flattering and all," I said sarcastically. "But, what do you want with me?"

"Nothing. Just your love."

"My love? Are you taking the piss? You tried to kill me many times! Can't you also see I'm a boy? Are all Gods homosexuals?"

   "Not all," Blake grinned, casting a spell around my body. I could feel the water from the tanks pulling my limbs closer to him. "I find boys better company."

   "Sorry, I only have eyes for one."

   "You'll never see him again." Blake ran his fingers down the side of my face softly, stopping at my chin. He turned my head towards his when I tried to look away. "Be with me. I have the power to stop you aging and to keep you healthy forever, you can even return to your college, you can see all your friends again."

"And you won't hurt me?"

"No."

I didn't know what to say. Blake wouldn't let me leave, I knew he wouldn't. The only option I had was to stay there with him, fighting the urge to attack him as hard as I could.

"OK," I said vacantly.

The grip on me dropped away. Blake leant forward and kissed my head. I wanted to hit him so hard, but I managed to restrain myself, producing a fake smile.

   "I know it doesn't seem like it now, but you'll learn to love me. Anything you want," Blake said, "you can have. Money, clothes, I'll get you everything."

"I can live with that." I didn't want to, but I knew I was going to have to endure a life with the god of water.

Something hit my chest, and it hit hard. I dropped to the ground as it hit me again. "James, what's wrong?"

It was like a drum, thudding in my chest. A hot, burning drum. It struck over and over, suffocating me. My head felt like it was going to explode.

"Something's not right," I choked, but this time, I was actually choking, I could feel my throat sealing up, and my bones bending in my body. What was happening?

For a second, my eyes hardened, I could feel them solidifying. I let out a scream of pain as my head flew back. The tables in the room shattered, the lights flickered, and Blake fell back. He landed with a giant thud next to the shark tank, leaving a giant crack  spread in the glass.

I felt different, bad different.

"You're eyes!" Blake shouted, rising to his feet unsteadily. "Your eyes are black!"

I stared at myself in the glass, the piranhas swam away, leaving the tank to sit in darkness. My eyes glimmered like tar, looking back at myself with such malice. Demon eyes. I couldn't even think, my body was on vibrate, pulsing with heat and anger. I couldn't contain it, it was literally exploding out of my skin.

Blake tried to run, but I pinned him to the ceiling with the wave of a hand.

"What are you?" he yelled. "I thought you were human."

"I used to be..."

"Let me down. I can help you!"

I wanted help. I felt strong, but it hurt everywhere. It felt like something was trying to get out of me. I should've known not to take that vile off a demon, a voice whispered in my head, fading away to the laughs that where in there with me.

"I took something."

"What did you take? You're a demon! What have you done to yourself, James? I can't love a demon."

"I don't know... I think I just made myself strong. I feel so strong. So powerful...so angry that you want me. So, I don't think you need to love me."

"James, let me down!"

"I'm sick of you. You make me sick," I shouted back, the water in the tanks were heating up, boiling into steam. "I don't like you. You're obnoxious, and a bossy prick. I hate you! You think you can make me love you? You think I'm just going to be controlled? No. I have an idea, Blake. Gods, they can't boss anyone around anymore."

It wasn't me speaking, it was the demon inside me, forcing my voice out, voicing my opinions and thoughts in a deep and satanic tone. I could see the floor cracking, but I couldn't stop it from doing so.

My anger was manifesting. "I think it's time to give the ocean its control back."

"You don't want to hurt me, James! You don't want to kill anyone, you're not a murderer."

"No. But, I am," the demon screamed out of me.